Enrolment for this course is now closed and details for summer 2018 will be added nearer the time
By the end of module, students should be able to:
• apply a basic knowledge of grammar appropriate to the level
• apply strategies for understanding gist and specific information
• have insight into everyday life in the Spanish speaking world
• recognise familiar words and phrases when spoken slowly
• understand short texts in the target language, dealing with everyday material
• write short simple texts, including personal details
• ask and answer questions on familiar topics
BBC Talk Spanish Book + CD Pack ISBN:978-1406678970 (New edition released 21/08/14)
All text books can be purchased from the University Bookshop, telephone: (024) 7652 3388
The syllabus will include the following:
This course will cover items such as: greetings, introductions, asking for and giving personal information, describing people and places, ordering food and drinks, likes and dislikes, buying tickets.
This course will provide an introduction to the fundamental features and essential basic structures of the Spanish language, making it possible to function in a range of everyday situations using the present tense.