Students taking this module may choose between the following methods of assessment:
- Method A: 100% assessment, i.e. by two summative assessed essays, each between 4,000 and 4,500 words, one dealing with films covered in term 1 and one dealing with films covered in term 2, on topics specified by the module tutor;
- Method B: 100% formal three-hour examination;
- Method C: 50% summative assessed essay (comprising one essay of between 4,000 and 4,500 words in length on a topic specified by the module tutor) plus 50% formal two-hour examination.
Please note also:
- The examination paper will be in two sections, the first dealing with films viewed in term 1, the second with those viewed in term 2. Candidates taking the three-hour paper (method B) will be required to answer three questions, including at least one question from each section. Candidates taking the two-hour paper (method C) will be required to answer two questions, including at least one question from each section.
- Candidates following method C are reminded that they will not be allowed to answer examination questions relating to material on which they have submitted a summative assessed essay.