Antonina Kalinina graduated in Classics from Moscow State Lomonossov University (2000) and got her Dr Phil degree in Latin Language and Literature (Latinistik) from Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (2005) with Prof. Dr. Johannes Christes. She has joined the Centre for the Study of the Renaissance in 2013 as a Research Associate to work with Dr Ingrid de Smet and Prof. em. Brenda Hosington in the project Neo-Latin Poetry in Renaissance France. She has published a monograph on Late Antique commentaries to Horace: Der Horarzkommentar des Pomponius Porphyrio. Untersuchungen zu seiner Terminologie und Textgeschichte (Stuttgart 2007) and a number of articles on Late Antique rhetorical and grammatical terminology. Antonina worked as translator of Neo-Latin texts from Irish Catholic Church archives for the project Marriage in Ireland: http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofHistoryandAnthropology/OurResearch/HistoryProjects/MarriageinIreland1660-1925/
- Der Horazkommentar des Pomponius Porphyrio. Untersuchungen zu seiner Terminologie und Textgeschichte (Stuttgart: Franz Steiner Verlag, 2007), 154 pp., Palingenesia 91.
- ‘The rhetorical terms of Pomponius Porphyrio, authors of the artes rhetoricae of III-IV cent. AD and St. Isidore of Seville’, Voprosy klassicheskoj filologii XV:Nymphon antron (Moscow 2010), pp. 185–98 [in Russian, summary in Latin].
- ‘The Term allegoria (allegoricos, allegorice) in the Commentary of Pomponius Porphyrio (III cent. A.D.) to Horace’, in Voprosy klassicheskoj filologii XIII:Argumenta classica (Moscow 2003), pp. 57–75 [in Russian].
- ‘The History of the Study of Porphyrio in the XIX-XX cc’, in N. Kazansky (ed.), Indoevropejskoe jazykoznanie i klassicheskaja filologija VI: Materials of the Conference in memoriam I. Tronsky (St Petersburg 2002), pp. 82–86 [in Russian].
- ‘The term figura, its derivatives, a synonym and antonyms in the Commentary of Pomponius Porphyrio (III c. A.D.) to Horace’, in N. Kazansky (ed.),Indoevropejskoe jazykoznanie i klassicheskaja filologija V: Materials of the Conference in memoriam I. Tronsky (St Petersburg, 2001), pp. 59–62 [in Russian].
- Edition of documentary papyrus P.Oxy. inv. 107-107a for The Oxyrhynchus Papyri (in preparation)
Select Conference and Seminar Papers
- Hor. Carm. 1.14 and its interpretation in Denis Lambin’s Commentary to Horace: Horace in Renaissance France, The Warburg Institute, 29 November 2013 (http://warburg.sas.ac.uk/events/colloquia-2013-14/horace-in-renaissance-france/)
- ‘On some ancient parallels to C. P. Cavafy’s ‘King Demetrios’, Conference in Memoriam Irina I. Kovaleva, Moscow State Lomonossov University, 15 April 2013
- ‘Pomponius Porphyrio’s critical vocabulary’, Scholars and Scholarship in the Greek and Roman Worlds, Classical Languages & Literature sub-faculty seminar, University of Oxford, 12 May 2011.
- ‘Textual criticism: yesterday and today’/ Traditional and New Methods in Classics [in Russian], for the colloquium Tretye Literaturovedenye (Ufa, Russia), 24 February 2010
Contact email: A.Kalinina@warwick.ac.uk