Skip to main content Skip to navigation


You may still be eligible to apply for a student loan and other financial support during your intercalated year. However, if you are earning a salary for your placement, you may not be eligible to receive the same amount of money. For full advice, please speak to a member of Student Funding. .

If you are travelling abroad, the Study Abroad 'Information for Outbound Students' page (Funding & Finances link) will have further details. Also take a look at the Student Funding Study Abroad page.