Single Honours Course
You will study the same core modules as on the existing joint degree courses and can structure the remaining part of each year of the course yourself by choosing modules from the range of those offered by the Global Sustainable Development team and modules provided by other departments around the University which have a Global Sustainable Development focus.
In each year of your degree, you will split your time equally between Global Sustainable Development modules and modules in your chosen discipline. Click on the links below to see what you can study in each year of your degree.
- Biology (Life Sciences)
- Business Studies
- Economic Studies
- Politics & International Studies
- Theatre & Performance Studies
In addition to gaining a world-class degree, you’ll acquire certificates that will distinguish you from every other graduate. Each certificate involves attendance at workshops over a five or ten week period. You will produce either an individual written assignment, a journal or an e-portfolio which will be assessed.
- Certificate of Digital Literacy – 90% of new jobs require excellent digital skills. You will be encouraged to think through the capabilities that you need to live, learn and work in an increasingly digital society. You’ll learn about different digital media platforms and how to manage a professional online identity.
- Certificate of Coaching Practice – This aims to develop your coaching and leadership skills through practical exercises and reflection.
- Certificate of Professional Communication – You will use the experience of your work placement (if you choose this option) to reflect upon the different styles of communication adopted for different professional contexts (or cultures) and will gain an understanding of the reasons for those different styles and their appropriateness . You will reflect on the relationship between professional culture and communication and the implications for your ongoing study and future career.