Despite our name, the University of Warwick is not located near the town of Warwick. The nearest big town is the City of Coventry, which is about 3 miles (5 km) from campus.
- Birmingham International (BHX) is our nearest aiport. We recommend you fly to BHX (rather than to one of the London airports) from your home country by getting a connecting flight through one of Europe's major hubs. BHX is about 15 miles (24 km) from the university. A taxi to the university costs about £25 to £30. Alternatively you can take a train from the airport to Coventry Railway Station (there are about 4 an hour) at about £3.00, then a taxi to the University for about £10.00. Alternatively, a number 11 or 12 bus from the bus stop on the bridge that crosses the railway tracks by Coventry Station, at a cost of £1.80 one way; you'll need the exact fare as the bus drivers don't give change. Click on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ to find out about rail times and fares. Click on http://www.bhx.co.uk/ to access the Birmingham International website.
- London Heathrow is about 90 miles (144 km) away. To get to the university, youʼll find it more convenient to take a National Express coach directly to Coventry Pool Meadow Bus and Coach Station, rather than travelling into London to take a train to Coventry. The coach costs about £32.00 (internet fare), takes about two hours, and leaves directly from Heathrow (so you don't have to negotiate London's infamous transport system!). When you get to Pool Meadow, take a taxi to the University, which should cost about £12-£15. Alternatively, a number 11 or 12 bus costs £1.80 and goes straight onto campus; you'll need the exact fare as the bus drivers don't give change. Click on http://www.heathrowairport.com/ to access the London Heathrow website.
- London Luton and London Stansted airports are about 50 miles (80 km) away. Again National Express has direct coaches to Coventry Pool Meadow, which take about 2 to 3 hours. The costs are approximately £15.00 and £22.00 respectively (internet fares). Click on http://www.stanstedairport.com/ or http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/#133 to access their websites.
You can book a place on a National Express coach via the following website:http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/index.cfm
- Coventry Station is the nearest railway station to the University of Warwick. There are train services from London Euston Station and Birmingham New Street Station. From Euston, the journey takes about one hour; from New Street, about 15-20 minutes. From Coventry Station, you can take a taxi, which will cost about £10-£12. Alternatively, catch a number 11 or 12 bus from the bus stop on the bridge that crosses the railway tracks next to Coventry Station, at a cost of £1.80 one way; you'll need the exact fare as the bus drivers don't give change. Click on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ to find out about rail times and fares.
- Eurostar rail services go to London St Pancras Station. There are frequent services from Paris, Brussels and Lille, all of which are connected to the European railway networks. Students living in Europe therefore may prefer to use this route rather than taking an aeroplane, as the luggage allowance is so much better. St Pancras Station to Euston Station is only 5 minutes by taxi or 10-15 minutes on foot. Click on http://www.eurostar.com for more information.