- student representatives from: Theatre and Performance Studies, Theatre Film and Literature and joint degree courses
- one or two Postgraduate students (excluding those in the Centre for Cultural Policy)
- the Subject Librarian for Theatre Studies
- the Chair of the Department, SSLC Convenor, Director of Practice
- the Students' Union Undergraduate and Postgraduate Arts Faculty Representatives
The purpose of the Committee is to provide a forum to consider student opinions on academic or more general matters.
In addition, open meetings of all students in Theatre Studies may be held from time to time so that the widest range of opinions can be heard. SSLC Representatives are invited to attend the beginning of all staff meetings when 'unreserved' items are dealt with, although normally only the SSLC Chair and/or Arts Faculty Rep will attend. Items raised through SSLC are a standing item on staff meeting agendas.
Minutes of SSLC meetings are posted to the SSLC Noticeboard, and are published online in the Agendas, Minutes, Reports section of this website. SSLC Reps also keep their members informed of developments.
Elections for all representatives are held near the beginning of the Autumn term.
The Theatre, Film and Literature degree is also represented on the University-wide 2+2 SSLC, and joint degree students within the SSLCs of their other departments.