The University’s Learning and Teaching Strategy was first formulated in 1999 and covered the period through to 2002. The Strategy was then revised and extended for the period 2002-05. The HEFCE subsequently funded an extension of the existing Strategy for a further year (2005-06). This was on the basis of activities and targets that derived from the 2002-05 Strategy. A further revision to the Learning and Teaching Strategy is now due, with the HEFCE providing funding to cover the period 2006-09. We have drawn up a draft statement of principles for the Strategy, which is forming the basis of the series of consultation opportunities over the next few weeks.
Areas of LDC's work suported by Learning and Teaching strategy funding, include:
- Research-based learning
- Undergraduate Research Scholarship Scheme
- Aspects of our accredited courses:
- Teaching development for GTAs/PGRFs and part-time staff (PGA Intro to T&L)
- Warwick's E-Learning Award programme (PGA/PG Dip module in E-Learning)
- Developing evaluation practices