As one of the leading research-led Universities in the UK, Warwick is in an ideal position to maximise the benefits to both staff and students by making the most of potential links between teaching and research. For this reason the second phase of the Learning and Teaching Strategy included the development of the various dimensions of linking research and teaching. On this site we use the term research-based learning to refer to all the dimensions of linking research and teaching.
Undergraduate Research Scholarship Scheme (URSS)
The Undergraduate Research Scholarship Scheme (URSS) allows students to become directly involved in the research work of the University, experience what it's like to be a member of a research team and take part in cutting-edge research.
URSS website: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/ldc/funding/urss
The Reinvention Centre
The Reinvention Centre (launched on 12th October 2005) is one of Warwick successful Centre for Excellence bids. The centre's purpose is focused around developing, consolidating and enhancing research-based learning within the undergraduate curriculum
- Promotes new methods in teaching and learning with a focus on research-based learning
- Redesigns the spaces in which students learn
- Funds undergraduates to carry out research
- Funds academics to develop research-based teaching
- Is complementary to the Undergraduate Research Scholarship Scheme