Lydia Mizon (Postgraduate Taught & Research Programmes Coordinator)
The Postgraduate Coordinator role includes (but is not exhaustive) to the following duties:
- Providing a reception service for visitors;
- Being the first point of contact for any student queries;
- Following University processes and procedures;
- Responsibility for academic course support for academic staff and students;
- Lead on the postgraduate student recruitment and admission process. Involvement in student recruitment and admissions to postgraduate programmes (taught and research);
- Keeping records of student progression and attendance as appropriate. Liaising with Graduate School over maintenance of central records;
- Providing planning and strategy for the delivery of the Centre’s postgraduate teaching and supervision, including new programmes and managing any changes to the existing programmes.
- Support in organising academic events such as conferences, seminars, workshops, public engagement and outreach events;
- Liaison and planning for the Annual Postgraduate Conference;
- Support in maintaining the Centre website, and coordination of the subsidiary webpages;
- Secretary to the Academic Staff Meeting and Research Away Days;
- Order goods and services such as stationery and equipment via SAP and process purchase orders and invoices.