9. Complexity and Time: Reflections on the Seminar Series
Date: Friday 24 February 2016
In this final seminar of the series, we will reflect on the seminar series as a whole, especially by exploring the issue of Time. Although time has been a feature of previous seminars (most notably Seminar 6 on Change and Method, here we spend a bit more time on the specific problem of time and the methodological challenges time brings to studying complex systems specifically. Questions that will be explored include:
- how does time impact on how we account for the complex causes and effects of time?
- How we do study a complex social entity that changes over the time we study it (and when the data and methods may change over time too)?
- What kinds of alternative temporal concepts or appraoches might a complex systems appraoch provoke with respect to studying complex social systems over time?
- How might we combine different time-frames within the same study?
Confirmed speakers include: tbc.