Do you think you have found an innovative solution to a problem or challenge?
Have you got an idea for a new start-up or social enterprise?
Need extra money to help turn your idea into a reality?
What is the Student Enterprise Fund?
The University of Warwick is supporting student enterprise and helping the next generation of entrepreneurial graduates. The Student Enterprise Fund is aimed at students who have an innovative idea for a new business or social enterprise.
Students at Warwick have the opportunity to apply for a proof of concept grant of up to £500 per competition round, and £1000 in total per academic year. Recipients will also be offered a package of development support, workshops, events and networking opportunities.
Who is it for?
The Student Enterprise Fund is for business start-ups and social enterprises subject to terms and conditions. To be eligible for the Student Enterprise Fund you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Upon application you are currently registered as a student at the University of Warwick; this includes undergraduate and postgraduate (taught and research) students.
- Any future business/social enterprise will operate in the United Kingdom.
Successful applicants - Can only receive up to £500 for each round of the competition, and up to £1,000 within any academic year. Otherwise there is no limit to how many times you can apply, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
Unsuccessful applicants - Are welcome to re-apply with a new idea or can re-apply with their original idea, as long as they have taken on board panel feedback and developed their idea in line with this feedback.
When can I apply?
Applications for 2019/20 are open. The deadline for Round 2 (spring term) will be announced shortly.
How do I apply?
1. Sign into your University of Warwick IT account.
2. Complete the application form, including the video upload. To qualify, your video pitch will observe the following:
- video length not exceeding 120 seconds
- file size not exceeding 250 megabytes
- file format is either mp4, mov, mpeg, mpg or avi.
- the quality & content of your enterprise proposal will be considered, rather than the production quality of the sound & video.
3. If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to pitch in front of a selection panel, and will be given one-to-one coaching in preparation for your pitch.
When is the Application Deadline?
The deadline for Round 2 (spring term) will be announced shortly, but you are welcome to submit your application now.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org