- Want to learn how to turn your social enterprise from an idea into reality?
- Gain new skills whilst completing exciting challenges?
- Get tips and advice from entrepreneurs and advisers?
The Warwick Social Enterprise Challenge is for you! You'll learn how to come up with an idea, plan it, market it and sell it, whilst gaining leadership and teamwork skills.
The scheme will present you with a series of challenges, requiring you to think innovatively and work successfully within a team in order to succeed. You will learn how to develop a project from an idea to a well-planned venture, gaining skills in business planning, marketing, sales, finance, teamwork and leadership.
The programme is designed to help you develop new skills and to practice these in a small group of like-minded students. Learning will be through a mix of exercises, case studies and input from past Warwick students who have gone on to set up their own enterprises or use enterprise skills in a range of different organisations.
The Warwick Social Enterprise Challenge will run from Thursday 18th June over five afternoon sessions and at the end of the programme there will be an opportunity for you and others to pitch for a small amount of funding to develop your social enterprise if you want to.
The Warwick Social Enterprise Challenge will run over 5 days at the following times:
- Thursday 18th June - 2pm-5pm
- Friday 19th June- 2pm-5pm
- Monday 22nd June- 2pm-5pm
- Wednesday 24th June- 2pm-5pm
- Thursday 25th June- 2pm-5pm
The sessions will cover the following topics:
- Strengths profiling and forming teams
- Idea generation and development
- Business modelling/planning
- Pitching your ideas
- Panel and prizes
Places on the scheme are limited, so if you’re interested please sign-up here.