Do you think you have found an innovative solution to a problem or challenge?
Have you got an idea for a new start-up or social enterprise?
Need extra money to help turn your idea into a reality?
What is the Student Enterprise Fund?
The University of Warwick is supporting student enterprise and helping the next generation of entrepreneurial graduates. The Student Enterprise Fund is aimed at students who have an innovative idea for a new business or social enterprise.
Students at Warwick have the opportunity to apply for a proof of concept grant of up to £1,000. Recipients will also be offered a package of development support, workshops, events and networking opportunities.
Who is it for?
The Student Enterprise Fund is for business start-ups and social enterprises subject to terms and conditions. To be eligible for the Student Enterprise Fund you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Upon application you are currently registered as a student at the University of Warwick; this includes undergraduate and postgraduate (taught and research) students.
- Any future business/social enterprise will be based in the United Kingdom.
- Your future business/social enterprise is not yet trading.
- Successful applicants - Can only apply to the fund once within any academic year. (Successful applicants can re-apply in future academic years upon successful expenditure of previous funds received, as long as they still meet the set eligibility criteria.)
- Unsuccessful applicants - Are welcome to re-apply with a new idea or can re-apply with their original idea, as long as they have taken on board panel feedback and developed their idea in line with this feedback.
When can I apply?
Applications for the next round of funding will open in term 1 of the next academic year (October 2018).
How do I apply?
1. Sign into your University of Warwick IT account.
2. Complete the application form, including the video upload. To qualify, your video pitch will observe the following:
- video length not exceeding 120 seconds
- file size not exceeding 250 megabytes
- file format is either mp4, mov, mpeg, mpg or avi.
- the quality & content of your enterprise proposal will be considered, rather than the production quality of the sound & video.
3. If you are successful at the application stage you will be invited to pitch in front of a selection panel.
4. The selection panel will take place 1-2 weeks after the application deadline.
When is the Application Deadline?
If you have any questions, please contact enterprise at warwick dot ac dot uk
The Student Enterprise Fund is generously supported by Santander Universities