Our mission at Warwick Enterprise is to enable and nurture entrepreneurial skill development, creativity and regional venture creation by Warwick students and graduates. The QO-UnInn Enterprise Fund, has generously contributed to this mission and enabled the creation of a Graduate Accelerator Programme that is tailored to the unique needs of a Graduate Entrepreneur.
The Graduate Accelerator Programme provides an exciting opportunity for 5 business teams to develop their entrepreneurial skills, test, launch and pitch their business ideas to industry buyers within 12-months.
Along the way, participants will clarify their vision, strengthen their mindset and evaluate market opportunities in order to build and launch their business idea. This 12-month venture development journey provides you with support, funding and mentorship, giving you hands-on practical tools and confidence to transform your idea into a real business. You will hear stories of incredibly creative entrepreneurs – their successes and failures – through no-filter interviews with founders, investors, and other experts. By the end of the Programme, you will be well equipped to translate your idea into an early stage venture.
Imagine what your life could look like, 12 months from now with:
- Up to £10,000 awarded by the QO-UnInn Enterprise Fund to develop and launch your business.
- Access to a physical co-working space for 12 months.
- 1:1 results coaching to empower you with the monthly focus and accountability you will need to break through your own limitations.
- A tailored package of support and agreed milestones to equip your climb towards developing and launching your unique business idea.
- Exclusive access to the University of Warwick’s most successful graduate entrepreneurs who will share their strategies.
- Mentorship and support through our Enterprise ecosystem of graduate entrepreneurs, advisors, mentors and experts within the Innovation Group.
- Hands on learning through guest speaker talks, events and live interviews.
- Monthly group coaching enabling peer-to-peer learning with other graduate founders in an environment that welcomes feedback and support.
- A strong sense of community with a network of peers who share similar entrepreneurial interests and aspirations.
- Monthly pitch practice for the opportunity to pitch directly to an industry buyer or investor network at the end of the programme.
- You must be a Warwick graduate with motivation and determination to build or start a business in the UK.
- Applications can come from individuals or teams (with a maximum of five co-founders or five team members).
- All applicants (including all team members) must either be current students (who are expected to graduate in July 2019) or graduates of the University of Warwick (who have graduated in July 2016 or after July 2016).
- The business team must be primarily based in the Midlands during their time on the Graduate Accelerator Programme.
Dates to Apply
Important Dates: Every year we have 2 rounds of applications: one in April and one September.
* The Graduate Accelerator Programme applications are now open.
Application timelines for April 2019 are as follows:
|5th April 2019||Applications Open at 12:00 BST|
|30th May 2019||Applications Close at 12:00 BST|
|31st May - 7th June 2019||Panel review and evaluate the applications|
|11th June 2019||Applicants are notified by email of the outcome of their application|
|16-18th June 2019||Successful applicants will attend a Pitch-to-Panel session to present their businesses|
|25th June 2019||One week after Pitch-to-Panel session, applicants will be notified by email if the University of Warwick will endorse their business|
*LATE APPLICATIONS: The Warwick Enterprise Team is unable to accept late applications. If you miss the deadline you will need to submit an application to the next application round.
Applications are now OPEN!
We welcome applications from any sector and your business idea does not have to be related to your current degree of study. Applications are open to Home, EU and International students. If you are ready to push your creative limits, improve your entrepreneurial thinking and use your talents to turn a business idea into reality - apply now to be one of 5 businesses to join the Graduate Accelerator Programme in July 2019.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Test the viability of their business
- Identify a legitimate business opportunity
- Define their business model
- Find an appropriate business strategy
- Develop their marketing funnel
- Launch their high impact business idea
- Pitch to initial customers