Our mission at Warwick Enterprise is to enable and nurture entrepreneurial skill development, creativity and regional venture creation by Warwick students and graduates. The QO-UnInn Enterprise Fund, has generously contributed to this mission and enabled the creation of a Graduate Accelerator Programme that is tailored to the unique needs of a Graduate Entrepreneur.
The Graduate Accelerator Programme provides an exciting opportunity for 5 business teams to develop their entrepreneurial skills, test, launch and pitch their business ideas to industry buyers within 12-months.
Along the way, participants will clarify their vision, strengthen their mindset and evaluate market opportunities in order to build and launch their business idea. This 12-month venture development journey provides you with support and funding giving you hands-on practical tools and confidence to transform your idea into a real business. You will hear stories of incredibly creative entrepreneurs – their successes and failures – through no-filter interviews with founders, investors, and other experts. By the end of the Programme, you will be well equipped to translate your idea into an early stage venture.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Test the viability of their business
- Identify a legitimate business opportunity
- Define their business model
- Find an appropriate business strategy
- Launch their high impact business idea
- Pitch to initial customers
Imagine what your life could look like, 12 months from now with:
- Up to £10,000 awarded by the QO-UnInn Enterprise Fund to develop and launch your business.
- Start-Up Visa endorsement by Warwick Enterprise for international students
- Access to a physical co-working space for 12 months.
- 1:1 coaching to empower you with the monthly focus and accountability you will need to break through your own limitations.
- Agreed milestones to equip your climb towards developing and launching your unique business idea.
- Exclusive access to the University of Warwick’s most successful graduate entrepreneurs who will share their strategies.
- Mentorship and support through our Enterprise ecosystem of graduate entrepreneurs, advisors and experts within the Innovation Group.
- Monthly group sessions enabling peer-to-peer learning with other graduate founders in an environment that welcomes feedback and support.
- A strong sense of community with a network of peers who share similar entrepreneurial interests and aspirations.
- You must be a Warwick graduate with motivation and determination to build or start a business in the UK.
- Applications can come from individuals or teams (with a maximum of five co-founders or five team members).
- All applicants (including all team members) must either be current final year or postgraduate students or graduates of the University of Warwick (who have graduated in recent years).
- The business team must be primarily based in the Midlands during their time on the Graduate Accelerator Programme.
You are required to schedule an initial 30-minute meeting with the Graduate Enterprise Officer. This will give you the opportunity to discuss your business idea, the application process and how applications are evaluated.
The Graduate Enterprise Officer will then send you the link to submit your Graduate Accelerator Programme application.
Please note: The initial 1:1 meeting is a pre-requisite for your Graduate Accelerator Programme application.
Dates to Apply
Important Dates: Every year we have 2 rounds of applications: one in March and one in September.
* Applications for the first Graduate Accelerator Programme window for 2022 are now closed. Our next application window will open on 1 September 2022. Kindly register your interest here and we will keep you updated on the GAP application timelines for 2022.
|1st September 2022||Applications Open at 12:00 BST|
|1st October 2022||Applications Close at 12:00 BST|
|3rd October - 14th October 2022||Warwick Enterprise will review, evaluate and shortlist applications|
|17th October - 21st October 2022||All applicants are notified by email of the outcome of their application|
|24th October - 4th November 2022||Shortlisted applicants will attend a Virtual Pitch-to-Panel session to present their businesses|
|Week beginning 7th November 2022||Applicants will be notified by email if the University of Warwick will endorse their business|
*LATE APPLICATIONS: The Warwick Enterprise Team is unable to accept late applications. If you miss the deadline you will need to submit an application to the next application round.
We welcome applications from any sector and your business idea does not have to be related to your current degree of study. Applications are open to Home, EU and International students. If you are ready to push your creative limits, improve your entrepreneurial thinking and use your talents to turn a business idea into reality - apply to be one of 5 businesses to join the Graduate Accelerator Programme .