The University of Warwick is launching an innovative new Graduate Accelerator Programme to extend the support and expertise that is currently provided to students via the Warwick Enterprise Partnership to our graduate entrepreneurs.
This 12-month programme will provide entrepreneurial guidance, access to appropriate mentoring and financial support to a cohort of up to 10 businesses/graduate entrepreneurs over a period of 12 months, each in receipt of £10k development grant.
The programme will be co-ordinated by Warwick Enterprise and will accept its first intake of graduate entrepreneurs in July 2019.
The Graduate Accelerator Programme is available to students from all disciplines and the funds available will mean students from all level of income backgrounds could access the Scheme.
Aims of the Warwick Graduate Accelerator Programme:
- To support the development and enhancement of our entrepreneurial provision
- To strengthen the transition for entrepreneurial students from the supportive student environment of the University into the ‘real’ world for start-ups on graduation.
- Create distinctive and visible ‘Warwick’ start-ups
- Help to retain graduate talent in the city and region
What does the Programme provide?
This 12-month programme will provide:
- Financial support – up to £10,000 per individual/team
- Enterprise skills development
- Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Scheme visa (if required)
- Business start-up advice and support
- Appropriate mentoring
- Physical location for start-ups
- Opportunities to develop alongside other Warwick graduate start-ups and spin-outs
- Access to the innovation and enterprise ecosystem at Warwick and local and regional networks
Further details and a call for applications will follow in January 2019