The University of Warwick is supporting student enterprise and helping the next generation of entrepreneurial graduates. The Social Enterprise Challenge provides an opportunity for budding social entrepreneurs to obtain some funding to put towards addressing a social issue. Successful applicants shall be invited to present innovative and viable ideas to a panel with the chance to secure up to £500 towards their enterprise.
Who is it for?
The Social Enterprise Challenge is for social enterprises. To be eligible for the Social Enterprise Challenge you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are currently registered as a student at the University of Warwick (includes undergraduate and postgraduate (taught and research) students), or a recent graduate.
- Any future social enterprise will be based in the United Kingdom.
Recommendations for applicants
- We host Creativity Workshops to support you with shaping your pitch.
How do I apply?
1. Sign into your University of Warwick IT account.
2. Complete the application form, including the video upload. To qualify, your video pitch will observe the following:
- video length not exceeding 120 seconds
- file size not exceeding 250 megabytes
- file format is either mp4, mov, mpeg, mpg or avi.
- the quality & content of your enterprise proposal will be considered, rather than the production quality of the sound & video.
3. If successful, you will be invited to present your idea to a University panel on the afternoon of Tuesday 28 June 2016.
Register your interest in the 2017 Social Enterprise Challenge & we'll let you know when it's running next!
If you have any questions, please contact enterprise at warwick dot ac dot uk