We have now recruited to all of the Fernandes Fellowships positions. However, if you would like to find out more about this programme and express an interest in a potential future application please contact the IAS Team at: IAS@warwick.ac.uk
Supported by a generous donation to the University, the Fernandes Fellowships aim to develop lasting research collaborations between Warwick and Europe. Applications are now open for the second cohort of fellows.
The Fellowships will allow those in tenure-track or early academic positions at a European research institution to undertake a three-month visit to Warwick (possibly split over two or three visits) in order to participate in a specific program of research and scholarship to build collaborative research with with their host and with the wider Warwick research community.
The programme will run until December 2022.
Offer to Fellows
Fellows will receive;
- A stipend of £2,000* per month (to cover accommodation and subsistence)
- Travel costs (including visa fees) of up to £1,000*
- Research, support and training costs of up to £3,000*
- Participation in the academic life of the IAS and the host academic department
- Title of "IAS Visiting Professor/Associate Professor/Research Fellow" (as appropriate to current position)
The Fernandes Fellowships are open to researchers working in all subject areas, however applicants working in the following research fields are particularly welcomed:
- Human disease, particularly reproductive health, antimicrobial resistance, cancer and ageing
- Data, artificial intelligence and associated ethics
- Economics, management, behavioural science and governance
- Energy, sustainability, and circular economy
- Analytical technologies for healthcare, life science and the environment
The fellowships will support researchers who are relatively early in their research career (typically less than 10 years postdoctoral experience) and who are currently employed in academic positions (first academic post, tenure track position or independent research fellow) at a university or other research institute in any non-UK EU or EEA country.
Applications are encouraged which support links with our partner universities in the EUTOPIA European University Alliance - Babeș-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca (Romania); Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium); Ca’ Foscari Venezia University (Italy); CY Cergy Paris University (France); Technische Universität Dresden (Germany); University of Gothenburg (Sweden); NOVA University Lisbon (Portugal); University of Ljubljana (Slovenia); Pompeu Fabra University-Barcelona (Spain)
The Fernandes Fellows must remain in the employment of their home institution during the Fellowship and will have Academic Visitor status at Warwick and whilst there is no restriction on nationality, appropriate permission to work in the UK is required before taking up the Fellowship.
*All expenditure must be in line with the University Financial Regulations