The IAS, together with the Library and other university service providers, have built this online portal, which highlights and signposts the information and training available to all early career researchers at Warwick. Please select from the options below.
- New at Warwick - arriving, settling in
- Careers - find an academic position, find funding
- Networking - meet my community, organise a conference, communicate to a wider audience
- Training - professional skills, research skills, teaching skills
If you have a suggestion for a resource that is not listed, please submit it to the suggestion box.
- Induction (HR) - giving you a basic understanding on the things you need to know to become a valued member of our community
- New to Role (LDC) - information for those new to their role at the university
- Preparing for Warwick (International) - guidance to making arrangements before you relocate to the UK
- Immigration (International) - information and advice on visas and relocation to the UK
- Relocation expenses (HR) - offer a relocation package to make your move to Warwick as smooth as possible
- Guide to IT Service: New Starter (ITS) - introducing the many services available to support you during your time at Warwick
- Getting up to speed (HR) - essential information and points to action
- Relocation from Overseas (HR) - helping international staff moving to the UK for the first time
- Right to work in the UK (HR) - ensuring that all our workers and employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK
- Staff Accommodation - providing a range of family housing with University owned accommodation on main campus
Find an Academic Position
- IAS Early Career Fellowships - Offering £6K stipend, training and support for completing Warwick PGRs to develop an independent research career
- WIRL-COFUND Fellowships - Offering salaried independent research and training fellowships to establish an academic career
- Warwick Career Opportunities (HR) - searchable database of available roles at the university
- Research Jobs - advertising a wide range of vacancies across the UK and Ireland, covering roles in research policy, management, support and even expert committee
- jobs.ac.uk - International job board for careers in academic, research, science and related professions.
- EURAXESS - European Commission-hosted job search portal listing thousands of vacancies and fellowships from more than 40 European countries and other regions in the world
- IAS Schemes - to help colleagues develop new research ideas, collaborations, funding streams, outputs and impact.
- Research Active Staff Funding (LDC) - internal and external funding schemes for research active staff.
- Research Funding (RIS) - round-up of internal and external links to research funding opportunities
- Research Professional - contains listings of funding opportunities across every research discipline
- UKRI Funding Opportunities - providing a range of funding opportunities to enable individuals and groups to pursue world-class research and innovation
- Horizon 2020 - the EU provides grants to help you carry out your research project, get additional skills, acquire cross disciplinary experience and boost your career
- British Academy Funding Opportunities
- Royal Society Research Grants
- Fundit - Funding opportunities in the Social Sciences and Humanities
Meet my Community
- IAS Associate Fellowships
- Research Networks at Warwick
- Wolfson Research Exchange (Library) - a community space that offers peer support and a forum for interdisciplinary collaboration to all Warwick researchers
- Warwickgrad.net (Alumni) - helping you to make contact with other Warwick graduates in your profession or region
Organise a Conference
- IAS Vacation Schools - supports the delivery of research-orientated residential workshops geared toward early career (PhD and/or recent postdoctoral) researchers
- Warwick Food & Drink - Event catering for between 5 and 1000 people. Staff and students of the University of Warwick can order our standard menu by email or over the phone
- Warwick Conferences -a conference, meeting and events business based at the University of Warwick, offering large conference facilities, small meeting rooms and hotel-styled bed and breakfast
- Warwick in Venice - facilities available for conferences at the Palazzo Pesaro-Papafava, a 15th-century Gothic style mansion, home of Warwick in Venice
- WBS London at the Shard - information on booking the spaces available at WBS London.
- Warwick Print - digital printer based at the University of Warwick, specialising in print services, graphic design and bookbinding
- Campus Security: Events - guidelines and forms relating to the organisation of on-campus events
Communicate with a Wider Audience
- IAS Early Career Innovation Fellowships - offering salary, training and support for postdoctoral researchers to develop collaborations outside academia
- Public Engagement - support and training for your public engagements activities
- Impact & Innovation (RIS) - advice on the development and delivery of research impact
- Marketing & Communication (Engagement Group) - provides strategic marketing and communications leadership for the University; ensuring that marketing enables University strategy
- Brand Guidelines (Engagement Group)
- Warwick Ventures
- Exchanges Journal - welcoming written submissions and guest editorship to early career researchers
- Accolade Programme (IAS) - our flagship training and events programme for our community of early career and visiting fellows.
- IT Training Service (ITS)
- Web Design (ITS)
- Digital Marketing - Social Media (Engagement Group) - a framework for individuals and teams associated with the University of Warwick to work within when using social media
- SkillsForge - professional development for PGRs
- RAS Development Opportunities (LDC) - current events, projects and bespoke activities for Research Active Staff
- RAS Programme of Events (LDC) - a range of events, workshops and/or programmes designed to support the Learning and Development of Warwick Research Active Staff
- UK Council for Graduate Education Resources Hub (UKCGE) - a range of resources relating to supervising PGRs
- Public Engagement Training
- Guide to ITS: Research (ITS) - tools and support IT Services provide to help you pursue your research
- Managing your Research Data (Library) - a way of codifying these research good practices in a way that can make it easier for you to conduct your research
- Research Support (RIS) - support from a dedicated team of R&IS research grants and contracts officers for the creation of funding proposals
- Endnote Online Workshops (Library) - advice on using Endnote to curate research references
- Research Ethics Committees (RIS) - ensuring that all research involving participants, their data and/or tissue, addresses relevant ethical considerations and is subject to appropriate ethical review
- REF2021 (RIS) - support for anyone involved in the Research Excellence Framework
- Research Integrity (RIS) - support to implement high quality and robust practice across the full research process
- Academic Development Programme (ADC) - offers a range of opportunities for continuing professional development for staff who teach or support learning
- Academic & Professional Pathways to HEA Fellowship (ADC) - valuable professional recognition, enhancing your teaching practice and academic profile
- Warwick International Higher Education Academy (WIHEA) - the UK's first institutional academy of educators for staff and students engaged in the advancement of learning and teaching excellence
- Guide to ITS: Teaching & Learning (ITS) - a range of tools and services to make sure the latest in teaching technology is available to our staff and students
Well-being is defined as a positive state of body and mind. It is the subjective state of being healthy, happy, contented, comfortable and satisfied with one's quality of life. It includes physical, material, social, emotional ('happiness'), and development and activity dimensions" (Waddell & Burton, 2006).
Life as an early career researcher comes with its own unique challenges and sometimes it can be hard to keep an eye on your own wellbeing. Looking after yourself (mentally and physically) is an important part of making your time and research at Warwick the best that they can be.
Warwick University offers some general wellbeing support to its staff, including counselling and free wellbeing sports classes. You can find some more information about this on their website and by following the links below.