Warwick's Institute of Advanced Study is a diverse, respectful and mutually-supportive community of ambitious interdisciplinary postdoctoral scholars. Accordingly, we will assess your application based on how you plan to use the opportunities available to you and how you intend to contribute to this community.
Postdoctoral Researchers are a vital part of Warwick’s academic community. You bring a wealth of research experience and expertise to our endeavours, and in so doing you underpin Warwick's position as a leading research institution. Whether you stay at Warwick, move to an organisation elsewhere, or establish your own enterprise, your future success is deeply connected with that of Warwick; you become part of our international network.
IAS Associate Fellows are part of a campus-wide community of postdocs who are employed in various roles in other departments across Warwick. The aim of this non-stipendiary fellowship is to provide you with a range of opportunities to help develop your independent research career. Activities are aimed at developing interdisciplinarity, internationalisation, research excellence, independence and leadership.
Associate Fellows are:
- Able to access the Accolade Programme (short lunch seminars and bespoke training workshops) and other events tailored to Early Career Researchers, that help you develop practical tools for career advancement as well as refining research ideas and proposals;
- Given the opportunity to engage with interdisciplinary academic mentoring above and beyond that available in their employing department
- Encouraged to use facilities in IAS (Zeeman building), including stocked kitchen, common room, meeting rooms, hot desks, seminar room;
- Welcome to apply for IAS awards as PI for research development and events;
- Eligible for IAS prizes for research, impact and collegiate activities;
- Invited to apply to join Exchanges: The Interdisciplinary Research Journal as an ambassador
- Invited to IAS networking and social events, to meet with the rest of our ECR community and International Visitors;
- Able to join and propose thematic interdisciplinary research cafes and salons, funded and administered by the IAS;
- Signposted to other interdisciplinary research networks and seminars around campus;
- Signposted to important university and external resources which give advice about key themes for all early Career Researchers at Warwick.
- Able to join the IAS College of Reviewers and take part in assessing IAS proposals
Our short application process helps us learn about your proposed contributions to this community and the benefits you hope to accrue. Review takes place within IAS. Please look at the above description of Associate Fellowship before completing the form below. We review Associate Fellowship annually by a light-touch process. Applications are welcomed at any time.
Please refer to the above description before completing the application form. Any queries regarding the completion of this form can be directed to the IAS via ECR at warwick dot ac dot uk. You will need to log in with your ITS credentials in order to complete this form.