Fellowships must be held at one of the member institutions of the Eutopia Alliance;
- Vrije Universitat Brussels (Belgium)
- CY Cergy Paris Université (France)
- University of Gothenburg (Sweden)
- University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- University of Pompeu Fabra (Spain)
- University of Warwick (United Kingdom).
The EUTOPIA-SIF program focuses on 5 Key Research Areas that are central to understanding and shaping the future of our planet, the technologies that shape our lives and the societies we will live in:
- Materials engineering: including advanced analytical science, photonics, new material science, quantum technology
- Data & Intelligence: including artificial intelligence, complexity, information-systems engineering
- Health: including immunology and antibacterial resistance, cancer, ageing, reproductive health, neurosciences
- Sustainability: including energy, circular economy, mobility, urban planning, material heritage, water management
- Welfare & Inclusion: including business management and finance, governance, ethics, inequality, law and demography
Interdisciplinary interactions will be encouraged within the program, as the major scientific and societal challenges can only be solved by the collaboration of experts from different areas
The fellowship holder must demonstrate transnational mobility and, on the date specified in the Guidance for applicants, must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work/study etc.) in the country of their host Institution for more than 12 months in the three years prior to this date.
On The date specified in the Guidance for applicants, applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years full-time equivalent research experience.
In addition applicants must comply with all other application criteria as specified in the Guidance for Applicants.
There will be four calls for applicants with the first call opening in October 2020 and the first fellows starting in the autumn of 2021. 76 fellowships will be available across the four calls with the number of fellows available in each call and at each institution being specified in the Guidance for Applicants and other call documentation
Warwick will host 20 fellows over the course of the EUTOPIA-SIF programme with five fellows in each cohort.