As part of the EUTOPIA European University, the EUTOPIA Young Leaders Academy (YLA) will support research exchanges between high-potential, early to mid-career researchers from all EUTOPIA partner universities. The aim is to support the career development of the YLA Fellows and to allow them to create long-term academic collaborations across the EUTOPIA institutions.
YLA Fellows will be appointed for a period of 2 years with a first cohort starting in September 2021 and a second call planned for 2023.
Applicants should be formally appointed with one of the Universities of the EUTOPIA Alliance and hold a tenured (or tenure-track) position or a major externally funded research fellowship. The scheme is aimed at early to mid-career researchers (2 to 12 years after PhD completion. Career breaks will be considered for the extension of the eligibility window) and applicants are expected to demonstrate leadership potential and an ambitious academic career development plan.
Offer to Fellows
EUTOPIA Young Leaders Academy Fellows will be given the opportunity:
- To develop their research leadership skills through a dedicated training program;
- To take part in interdisciplinary scholarly exchange and research networking activities, among fellows and with the broader EUTOPIA research community;
- To initiate research collaborations within the EUTOPIA Alliance;
- To contribute to the development of a challenge-based and student-shaped curriculum through the development of research-led learning units open to undergraduate and graduate students;
- To act as EUTOPIA ambassadors, contributing to the Alliance’s activities and fostering the
emergence of an integrated research community at the EUTOPIA scale. Common research agenda
Fellows will be appointed for two years and will receive financial support to facilitate their activities.
For applicants based at the University of Warwick please contact John Burden in the IAS if you have any further questions