- What is the understanding that academic departments have of academic literacy?
- How are students conceptualised/envisioned within this understanding? (deficit model, capable producers etc.)
- In what formats is academic literacy claimed to be developed?
- What do departments define as their disciplinary skills?
- Do departments define these skills as generic?
Learning within a research-led environment
- What provisions are made for students to engage in research?
- How do departments define a research led environment?
In answering the research questions we will have to distinguish between (1) single honours degrees, (2) combined courses and (3) joint honours.
- How do different departments define interdisciplinary study?
- In what ways do (1), (2) and (3) claim to be interdisciplinary?
- In what ways do departments claim to convey global knowledge? (e.g. exchange programmes, international students, international staff, curriculum)
Community engagement - internationally and nationally
- What opportunities are available for students to engage with the community?
(departments, curricular, extracurricular) (community engagement: academic, non-academic, business, local, international