Name: Sara Calzolari
1. What is your home university, what department and lab are you in?
University of Birmingham, Centre for Human Brain Health and School of Psychology, Fernàndez-Espejo Lab.
2. What type of studentship are you on? CASE, iCASE, etc.
I am on a normal MIBTP studentship
3. How did you organise your accommodation for the first year?
For my first year I just decided to find accommodation in Birmingham (where my home university is) and commute to Coventry/Leicester by bus and train when needed.
4. How did you manage commuting to UoW for the first term?
For commuting to UoW, I had to take a bus or a train from Selly Oak (where I live) to the New Street station (around 10 to 20 minutes), then I had to take a train to Coventry (~20 min) and finally the 12X bus from the Coventry rail station to UoW campus (~20 minutes or more, in case of traffic).
5. How did you organise your mini-projects?
I did my first mini-project in my home university (with my main supervisor) from January to end of March. I then went to UoW to do my second mini-project in an away university from April to end of June.
6. How did you organise your PIPS?
I decided to do the PIPS from July to end of September, after doing both mini-projects and before starting my main project in October.
7. Is there anything you wished you'd known before you started?
I wish I’d known in advance the practical details of commuting and organising the projects, such as the costs of transports and some examples of projects and PIPS from people of the previous years.