Congratulations to the translators, writers and publishers who have been shortlisted for the inaugural Warwick Prize for Women in Translation:
- Clementine Loves Red by Krystyna Boglar, translated from Polish by Antonia Lloyd-Jones and Zosia Krasodomska-Jones (Pushkin Children's Books)
- The Coast Road by Ailbhe Ní Ghearbhuigh, translated from Irish by Michael Coady, Peter Fallon, Tom French, Alan Gillis, Vona Groarke, John McAuliffe, Medbh McGuckian, Paul Muldoon, Michelle O'Sullivan, Justin Quinn, Billy Ramsell, Peter Sirr and David Wheatley (The Gallery Press)
- Memoirs of a Polar Bear by Yoko Tawada, translated from German by Susan Bernofsky (Portobello)
- Second-Hand Time by Svetlana Alexievich, translated by Bela Shayevich (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- Swallowing Mercury by Wioletta Greg, translated from Polish by Eliza Marciniak (Portobello)
- Swallow Summer by Larissa Boehning, translated from German by Lyn Marven (Comma Press)
Visit the official website for the Young Writer of the Year Award to keep up to date with the latest news.
Find out about translation-focused teaching, research, impact and public engagement at Warwick.
Visit the official website for the Warwick Prize for Women in Translation to keep up to date with the latest news.
Find out more about our campus festival, which features a Polish translation slam.