Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon, Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Honorary Senior Lecturer in Orthopaedics, Warwick University Medical School
Telephone: 024 7624 6414
Department of Orthopaedics
Coventry & Warwickshire Hospital
Stoney Stanton Road
Coventry CV1 4FH
- MB ChB University of Leeds 1965.
- FRCS England 1972.
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Coventry & Warwickshire Hospital since 1976.
- Specialist Paediatric Orthopaedic Practice.
- Assessor of Examiners for the Intercollegiate Examination Board. (Previously Examiner in Trauma and Paediatric Orthopaedics.)
- Senior Lecturer in Orthopaedics at the University of Warwick.
- Present clinical post is dealing with the routine ultrasound screening service for developmental dysplasia of the hip in infants, instituted in 1989. Research work and educational activities in relation to this project are ongoing and there have been several papers in connection with this. I participate as a Faculty Member in the UK Graf Course held annually in Dorset and most recently the first such course in India in Pune, September 2005 (hopefully and annual event).
- I have also become involved in polio corrective surgery camps in india and this offers the opportunity to take SpRs to gain considerable clinical and operative experience in dealing with the orthopaedic effects of Polio, as well some common paediatric orthopaedic conditions. (Hopefully this will also generate links with the academic orthopaedic departments in Coventry and India.)
- Member of the British Orthopaedic Association.
- Member (and Past Secretary) of the British Society for Children’s Orthopaedics.
- Member (and Past President) of the International Society for Musculo-Skeletal Ultrasound.
- Member of the Cerebral Palsy Surgical Society.
- Member (and previous Secretary) Skeletal Dysplasia Group.
- Secretary and Treasurer of the Saraswati Foundation in India.
Paediatric Hip Conditions
Research projects into the ultrasound evaluation of paediatric orthopaedic conditions, including hip and CTEV.
- Module Leader for the Musculoskeletal Course in the Phase 1 of the undergraduate part of the MB ChB course at the University of Warwick. This involves the preparation and presentation of lectures, co-ordination of group work and organisation of the programme of anatomical dissection. Also participating in various examinations in the Phase 1 stage of the degree course.
- Academic lead for the Clinical Demonstrators.
- Some teaching work with the Clinical Applications Module in Orthopaedics in Phase 2 of the course.