Who is the course for?
- Front line practitioners from health (medical and nursing, hospital and community), police and social services involved in responding to unexpected child deaths
- Other professional and lay persons involved in responding to unexpected child deaths
- All members of local Child Death Overview Panels, including panel chairs, managers and administrators
- Practitioners and managers involved in Serious Case Reviews
- Managers of services providing input to Child Death Overview Panels and the rapid response to unexpected child deaths
The programme is primarily aimed at practitioners from across the UK where child death review processes are in place. It will be of benefit to those in other countries who want to learn from the English approaches.