The University of Warwick has pioneered dental postgraduate education and prides itself on providing the highest level of support for its students.
|Certificate stage||Diploma stage||MSc stage|
This module enables you to understand the principles of endodontics so that you are at the forefront of knowledge in this specialist field. You will gain both a theoretical and practical knowledge of the clinical aspects in Endodontics. This module will equip you with the key skills in relation to literature searching, critical appraisal and academic writing.
You will study:
1. Induction to course
2. Examination, diagnosis and whole care planning
3. Pain control and management
4. Treatment strategies and planning
5. Interdisciplinary interfaces
6. Pulp therapy
7. Non-surgical endodontic therapy
This module enables you to gain both a theoretical and practical knowledge of advanced clinical aspects in Endodontics.
You will study:
1. Non-surgical re-endodontic therapy
2. Practice management, clinical governance, professional development
3. Health promotion & prevention of diseases
4. Surgical endodontics
5. Dental traumatology
Professional Project/ Poster
You will produce a professional project/poster in your chosen field ready for publication.
You will also undertake this module in Clinical Quality Improvement and Risk Management, which is focused on the application of clinical governance in the general practice environment and will incorporate dental law and ethics in practice.
The module is based around key skill areas of general dental practice including:
Focusing on these key skill areas will enable students to analyse and enhance their own practice environment.
The essential entry requirements for dentists are enthusiasm, strong determination and a desire to study at Masters level to further professional development. If you have these qualities then this type of programme is for you. All prospective students will be individually interviewed via web conference and a standardised questionnaire completed.
All students must:
1. Hold a license to practice dentistry and be in clinical practice (BDS, LDS or international equivalent).
2. Be a current registrant of the General Dental Council (or international equivalent for overseas candidates).
3. Have their own professional indemnity insurance for practising dentistry.
4. Have completed one year's post-primary qualification (which may include Dental Foundation Training where appropriate)
5. Be able to provide evidence of Practice CQC accreditation (or international equivalent for overseas candidates). Students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate language competence, via: 1. IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall (with 6.5 in the reading and writing components) 2. PTE (Pearson Test of English) score of 55. Students who score below this threshold will be offered pre-sessional English language at the University.
Student feedback for our earlier version of the course, MSc in Endodontics.
The MSc in Endodontics at Warwick University is something unique that I had the privilege to experience. For students it is challenging, frustrating, difficult at times, but also rewarding and a fantastic experience. The teaching team shows high professionalism, patience, dedication and passion. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to grow and develop their endodontic skills using the latest technologies and procedures. If you are ready to dedicate many hours to studying, developing, improving and discovering new skills you will reap the rewards of an enriching experience.
Dr Asineta Ghiriti, MSc Endodontics 2017Thank you very much for the lovely journey in the field of endodontics. I knew that I was going to have a wonderful and fruitful time at the University of Warwick. That course turned my thinking upside down and changed my attitude in respect to my professional and personal life. The unique design of the program fitted well in my busy life. Because of the devoted attitude of every single member of the Medical and IT Departments but also wonderful Sam - the librarian - I managed to enhance my knowledge and clinical skills. The programme provides an in-depth approach for exploring current concepts in clinical endodontics, offering deeper knowledge and understanding of the subject, improving clinical skills and increasing job satisfaction. Now I work at three private practices, providing simple and complex endodontic treatments.
Dr Dimitar Krustev, MSc Endodontics 2017
Dr Allen Gaon
Postgraduate Certificate (60 CATs), Postgraduate Diploma (120 CATs) or MSc (180 CATs)
Mode of study:
You will be taught through lectures, hands-on practical workshops and clinical observation.
Location of study:
University of Warwick and Leamington Spa
2018/19: Home/EU and Overseas
PG certificate: £9,630
PG diploma: £19,260
How to apply:
Please note: Applications for courses close on 31 August for UK/EU applicants and 31 July for all other applicants. Applications received after these dates will be transferred to the next course.
1. Complete an application form online
2. You will need to pay an application fee of £50.