This module addresses the needs of both air and land paramedics and doctors and allied health care professionals wishing to undertake a primary HEMS role or work in an environment providing advanced medical interventions to a similar level (oil rigs, expeditions etc.). You will need to be currently employed or have access to clinical placements that will support development of clinical skills during the course of the module. You will need to
have access to clinical and educational mentorship support.
- Gain a clear understanding of the concepts and theories surrounding the issues of emergency practice
- The teaching and learning style is interactive, drawing on both the expert teachers and the experience of the students
Aims and learning outcomes:
Gain a theoretical framework for the acquisition of a range of clinical skills relevant to the primary HEMS clinical setting.
These skills will support you in the safe identification and management of a range of clinical conditions where specific interventions are required in order to maximise the clinical outcome.
The skills will be supported by the relevant theoretical concepts and knowledge.
- MSc route: available as a core module of the MSc in Advanced Critical Care Practice
- Not sure an MSc is for you? Take this module as a Postgraduate Award. Contact us for more information
Tel: 024 76573958
Duration: 6 weeks
- One Hour Case Based Examination
- Portfolio of evidence from own clinical practice