You will learn to identify, interpret, appraise and apply research relating to health care.
These capabilities are essential for advanced professional expertise in health care and therefore make a vital contribution to successful completion of all MSc degrees in WMS.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the conceptual foundations of research relating to health care
- Explain the principles and practice of evidence based health care and their application in specific areas of clinical practice
- Evaluate evidence produced by different types of research design and its role in the development of health care services and clinical practice
- Use the principles and techniques of critical appraisal to evaluate the limitations of research evidence, including complex interventions and studies at the forefront of methodological development
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the implications of research for clinical practice and service development