Trisha completed her B.S. with distinction in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign along with an undergraduate thesis on “Data-Driven Modeling of the Effect of Amyloid-Beta on Synaptic Plasticity”. Trisha completed her M.S. in Biological Sciences at Eastern Illinois University with a thesis on “The Cryoprotective Effects of Combinatorial Solutes and the Properties of Ice in the Preservation of Adherent Neuroblastoma Cells ”. Trisha's work with the University of Warwick is focused on investigating the applications of 'antifreeze protein' mimetic polymers in the field of cell cryopreservation.
Trisha is interested in the cyropreservation of biological materials, including blood, cells, and tissues, using novel polymers developed in our group. Additionally, Trisha is interested in the molcular interactions involved in preconditioning cells prior to cryopreservation.
C. I. Biggs, T. L. Bailey, Ben Graham, C. Stubbs, A. Fayter, and M. I. Gibson, “Polymer mimics of biomacromolecular antifreezes,” Nat. Commun., vol. 8, no. 1, p. 1546, 2017. Link
B. Graham, T. L. Bailey, J. R. J. Healey, M. Marcellini, S. Deville, and M. I. Gibson, “Polyproline is a minimal antifreeze protein mimetic and enhances the cryopreservation of cell monolayers.,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl., Oct. 2017. Link
C. S. Guy, E. Tichauer, G. L. Kay, D. J. Phillips, T. L. Bailey, J. Harrison, C. M. Furze, A. D. Millard, M. I. Gibson, M. J. Pallen, and E. Fullam, “Identification of the anti-mycobacterial functional properties of piperidinol derivatives,” Br. J. Pharmacol., vol. 174, no. 14, pp. 2183–2193, 2017. Link
T. L. Bailey, M. Wang, J. Solocinski, B. P. Nathan, N. Chakraborty, and M. A. Menze, “Protective effects of osmolytes in cryopreserving adherent neuroblastoma (Neuro-2a) cells.,” Cryobiology, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 472–80, Dec. 2015. Link
- IIR Workshop, Cold Applications in Life Sciences, Dresden, DE (8/9/2016 - 9/9/2016)
- Illinois State Academy of Sciences, 107th Annual Meeting, Western Illinois University, Macomb, Il, US (10/4/2015 - 11/4/2015)
- Graduate Student Association Speakers Seminar, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Il, US (12/10/2014)
- Department of Chemisty Postgraduate Symposium, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK (31/5/2017)
- 2nd Annual EIU Sigma Xi Student Poster Competition, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Il, US (26/3/2015)
- College of Sciences' ScienceFest, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Il, US (25/3/2015)
- 1st Annual EIU Sigma Xi Student Poster Competition, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Il, US (10/4/2014)
- ISAS Best Oral Presentation Award, Illinois State Academy of Sciences, 107th Annual Meeting, Western Illinois University, Macomb, Il, US (Apr 2015)
- College of Sciences Graduate Student Investigator Award, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Il, US (Mar 2015)
- Sigma Xi Outstanding Poster Award, 1st Annual EIU Sigma Xi Student Poster Competition, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Il, US (Apr 2014)
- C. Ladd Prosser Achievement Award for undergraduate thesis, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, Il, US (May 2013)
Grants and Bursaries
- College of Sciences Summer Research Grant (£200) to support individual research at EIU (May 2014)
Trisha is excited about outreach work and is a STEM Ambassador for the West Midlands area.
Biological Sciences, M.S., Eastern Illinois University, 2015
Molecular and Cellular Biology, B.S., Univeristy of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013