- Tele : +44 (0) 2476 5728 81
- PhD in the Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick. Analytical Approach to Investigating Surface Properties and Reactivity.
- MSc in Instrumental Methods in Biological and Analytical Chemistry (IMBAC), University of Warwick. Distinction. 8 month taught course followed by 4 month research project in Combined Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy (LSCM) and Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy (SECM) as a New Probe of Dynamic Processes in Thin Films.
- BSc in physical and chemical sciences, Damascus University. 1st class, honours.
- MATLAB: The Language of Technical Computing.
- SPIP: Scanning Probe Image Processor software.
- Comsol: Multiphysics Modeling and Simulation software.
- MINEQL+: Chemical Equilibrium Modeling System.
- Origin: scientific graphing and data analysis software.
- SEM: Scanning Electron Microscopy.
- CLSM: Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy.
- SICM: Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy.
- SECM: Scanning ElectroChemical Microscopy.
- SECCM: Scanning ElectroChemical Cell Microscopy.
- AFM: Atomic Force Microscopy.
- VSI: Vertical Scanning Interferometry.
Post doctoral research assistant (PDRA).
June 2015 - Current
This role includes supervision of PhD candidates and master students, as well as carrying research.
Assistant at Damascus University (full-time)
June 2005 - September 2009
I worked as a full-time teacher assistant at the University of Damascus, this role included laboratories demonstrating in analytical chemistry.
Assistant at Damascus University (part-time)
February 2004 - May 2005
I worked as a part-time teacher assistant at the University of Damascus, this role included laboratories demonstrating in organic, inorganic, and biological chemistry.
3-month teaching position in a public school
February 2004 - April 2004
I taught physics and chemistry in a public high school.
6-month in industry
August 2003 - January 2004
I worked for 6-month in industry with pharmaceutical product manufacturers Alquenwati, my role included supervising and managing the industrial process.
Best poster prize at the 4th European Conference of Crystal Growth (ECCG4)
I was awarded the best poster prize at the 4th European Conference of Crystal Growth (ECCG4) held in Glasgow, Scotland.
Simultaneous Nanoscale Surface Charge and Topographical Mapping D. Perry, R. Al Botros, D. Momotenko, S. L. Kinnear, and P. R. Unwin, ACS Nano, 2015, 9(7), 7266–7276.
Measurement of the efficacy of calcium silicate for the protection and repair of dental enamel A.S. Parker, A. N. Patel, R. Al Botros, M. E. Snowden, K. McKelvey, P. R. Unwin, A. T. Ashcroft, M. Carvell, A Joiner, M. Peruffo, Journal of Dentistry, 2014, 42 (1), 21–29.
Fabrication and Characterization of Dual Function Nanoscale pH-Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy (SICM) Probes for High Resolution pH Mapping B. P. Nadappuram, K. McKelvey, R. Al Botros, A. W. Colburn, and P. R. Unwin, Anal. Chem.,2013, 85(17), 8070–8074.