Registration is free and includes lunch/refreshments.
Poster places and PhD/PDRA talk slots are available (abstract deadline: Friday 13th May).
Talks will include
- international guest speaker, Susan Stipp (leader of the NanoGeoScience Group, University of Copenhagen)
- Warwick academics: Gavin Bell, Neil Wilson and Stefan Bon
Place: B204/05, Science Concourse
Date: Friday 3rd June
A three day non residential course run by the Centre for Scientific Computing.
Wednesday 7th September to Friday 9th September inclusively.
Held at the University of Warwick in the Centre for Scientific Computing (CSC). Lectures and workshops will be given by staff within the CSC and from Oxford University.
Postgraduate Research Showcase: 9 June 2016
On Thu 9 June 2016, you’re invited to take part in Warwick’s Postgraduate Research Showcase, bringing together and highlighting the excellence of our postgraduate research. This event is a great way to refine your thinking, develop your presentation and public engagement skills, and share your work – plus there are valuable prizes on offer. Here’s how you can get involved:
1. Enter Warwick’s Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition
· Internationally renowned research communication competition for doctoral students
· Deadline: Submit your engaging 3-minute video online by Mon 9 May. If you’re shortlisted you’ll receive expert training then present at the live final on 9 June.
· Prizes include a research travel grant of £500, and the winner will go forward to the national 3MT® semi-final. Plus runner-up and popular choice prizes.
2. Or design and present an engaging research poster
· Stretch your creativity by distilling your research into one A1 sheet
· Open to all postgraduate research students (inc Masters by Research)
· Deadline: Register for the poster competition by Fri 13 May, then submit your A1 poster by Wed 25 May and present from 1pm on Thu 9 June. Register early as places are limited!
- Prizes include £150 cash for the top poster in each Faculty, £50 winner’s bonus, plus prizes for runners-up & popular choice winner. And take your poster away for future use.
- Training and advice: sign up for our Poster Design workshops or access our Poster design e-learning resource
3. Or just come along and enjoy the Showcase event
· Save the date! All staff and students are invited to see the posters and 3MT presentations on Thu 9 June, 3.30-6.15pm, Ramphal Building. Use our guest booking form to let us know you’ll be attending.
The event is sponsored by Tessella, global analytics and software services consultancy. Sponsorship is also provided by Warwick’s ESRC Doctoral Training Centre, Centre for Arts Doctoral Research Excellence (CADRE), Centre for Complexity Science, and the Research Exchange, plus all four faculties (Arts, Science, Social Science and Medicine).
So why not take this chance to stretch your creativity and think differently about your research and the audiences it could reach. Any questions, feel free to email us on email@example.com