Edited Books and Book Chapters
- Proceedings of Medical Image Understanding and Analysis, 2010. 283 pages. Edited by A. Bhalerao and N. Rajpoot. University of Warwick. ISBN 978-0-9566150-0-8.
- Proceedings of British Machine Vision Conference, 2007. Two-volumes, 1135 pages. Edited by N. Rajpoot and A. Bhalerao. Warwick Print 2007. ISBN 0902683815.
Electronic copies: Cover Art. Volume 1 (75Mb). Volume 2 (63Mb).
- Principles and Methods for Face Recognition and Face Modelling. T. Rawlinson, A. Bhalerao, L. Wang. In Handbook of Research on Computational Forensics, Digital Crime and Investigation: Methods and Solutions. Ed. C-T. Li. Chapter 3. Pages 53-78. 2010. ISBN 1605668362.
- Volumetric Texture Analysis in Biomedical Imaging. C. Reyes and A. Bhalerao. Biomedical Diagnostics and Clinical Technologies: Applying High-Performance Cluster and Grid Computing. Eds. M. Pereira and M. Freire. ISBN: 9781605662800.
- Quality assurance for automatically generated contours with additional deep learning Lars Johannes Isaksson , Paul Summers , Abhir Bhalerao , Sara Gandini , Sara Raimondi , Matteo Pepa , Mattia Zafaroni , Giulia Corrao, Giovanni Carlo Mazzola, Marco Rotondi, Giuliana Lo Presti, Zaharudin Haron , Sara Alessi , Paola Pricolo , Francesco Alessandro Mistretta , Stefano Luzzago , Federica Cattani , Gennaro Musi5, Ottavio De Cobelli, Marta Cremonesi , Roberto Orecchia, Giulia Marvaso, Giuseppe Petralia5, and Barbara Alicja Jereczek‑Fossa. Insights into Imaging, Springer, 13:137. 2022.
- Mixup (Sample Pairing) Can Improve the Performance of Deep Segmentation Networks. Lars Johannes Isaksson, Paul Summers, Sara Riamondi, Sara Gandini, Abhir Bhalerao, Giulia Marvaso, Giuseppe Petralia, Matteo Pepa, Barbara Jereczek-Fossa. Journal of AI and Soft Computing Research. Vol. 12, Issue 1. Pages 29-39. 2022.
- Semantic annotation for computational pathology: Multidisciplinary experience and best practice recommendations.
Noorul Wahab, Islam M Miligy, Katherine Dodd, Harvir Sahota, Michael Toss, Wenqi Lu, Mostafa Jahanifar, Mohsin Bilal, Simon Graham, Young Park, Giorgos Hadjigeorghiou, Abhir Bhalerao, Ayat Lashen, Asmaa Ibrahim, Ayaka Katayama, Henry O Ebili, Matthew Parkin, Tom Sorell, Shan E Ahmed Raza, Emily Hero, Hesham Eldaly, Yee Wah Tsang, Kishore Gopalakrishnan, David Snead, Emad Rakha, Nasir Rajpoot, Fayyaz Minhas. Journal of Pathology: Clinical Research (to appear). 2022.
- Person re-identification combining deep features and attribute detection. G. Watson and A. Bhalerao. Multimedia Tools and Applications. 2019.
- Markov random field segmentation for industrial computed tomography with metal artefacts. A. Jaiswal, M. Williams, A. Bhalerao, M. K. Tiwari, J. Warnett. Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology. March 2018. DOI: 10.3233/XST-17322.
- Person reidentification using deep foreground appearance modeling. Gregory Watson and Abhir Bhalerao. Journal of Electronic Imaging 27(5), 051215 (2 April 2018). https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JEI.27.5.051215
- Her2 Challenge Contest : a detailed assessment of automated Her2 scoring algorithms in whole slide images of breast cancer tissues. Qaiser, Talha, Mukherjee. A, Reddy Pb, C, Munugoti, S. D., Tallam, V., Pitkäaho, T., Lehtimäki, T., Naughton, T., Berseth, M., Pedraza, A., Mukundan, R., Smith, M., Bhalerao, Abhir, Rodner, E, Simon, M., Denzler, J., Huang, C-H., Bueno, G., Snead, D., Ellis, I., Ilyas, M. and Rajpoot, Nasir M. Histopathology , 2017. ISSN 0309-0167
- Deformable appearance pyramids for anatomy representation, landmark detection and pathology classification. Qiang Zhang, Abhir Bhalerao, Charles Hutchinson. Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. June 2017. ISSN 1861-6410 (In Press)
- Investigating the feasibility of vehicle telemetry data as a means of predicting driver workload. P. Taylor, N. Griffiths, A. Bhalerao, Z. Xu, A Gelencser and T. Popham. International Journal of Mobile Human-Computer Interaction, 9 (2), 2017. ISSN 1942-390X.
- Active Appearance Pyramids for Object Parametrisation and Fitting. Qiang Zhang, Abhir Bhalerao, Edward Dickenson, Charles Hutchinson. Medical Image Analysis, Volume 32, Pages 101–114, August 2016. Keywords: Active appearance model, Part-based model, Active appearance pyramids, Lumbar spinal stenosis. Supplimentary materials.
- Data Mining for Vehicle Telemetry. Philip Taylor, Nathan Griffiths, Abhir Bhalerao, Sarabjot Anand, Thomas Popham, Xu Zhou, and Adam Gelencser. Applied Artificial Intelligence, Volume 30, Number 3. Pages 233-256, 2016. ISSN 0883-9514. Keywords: Data mining, Driving condition monitoring, Feature selection, Road classification.
- Hiearchical Contour Shape Analysis, Daniel Valdes-Amaro and Abhir Bhalerao. Computacion y Sistemas: Journal of Computing Science and Applications, Volume 19, Number 2. June 2015. Pages 233-242. Keywords: Shape analysis, shape representations, Gaussian pyramids, shape models.
- Ruler Detection for Autoscaling Forensic Images, Abhir Bhalerao and Greg Reynolds. International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics, Volume 6, Issue 1, 2014. Pages 9-27. Keywords: Forensic image analysis, Autoscaling, Ruler detection, Fundamental frequency/pitch detection.
- Estimating Scene Flow using an Interconnected Patch Surface Model with Belief-Propagation Inference, Thomas Popham, Abhir Bhalerao, Roland Wilson. Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Volume 121, April 2014. Keywords: Motion, Tracking, Markov random fields, Stereo, Scene-Flow.
- Parallel File System Analysis Through Application I/O Tracing. Wright, S.A., Hammond, S.D., Pennycook, S.J., Bird, R.F., Herdman, J.A., Miller, I., Vadgama, A., Bhalerao, A.H. and Jarvis, S.A. The Computer Journal, 56 (2). pp. 141-155, 2013. ISSN 0010-4620. Keywords: High Performance Computing, Input/Output, MPI, Checkpointing, File Systems.
Towards Automated Memory Model Generation Via Event Tracing. Perks, O.F.J., Beckingsale, D.A., Hammond, S.D., Miller, I., Herdman, J.A., Vadgama, A., Bhalerao, A.H., He, L. and Jarvis, S.A. The Computer Journal, 2012. ISSN 0010-4620. Keywords: High Performance Computing, Memory, Multi-core, Tracing, Modelling.
- Local Affine Image Matching and Synthesis based on Structural Patterns.
H. Park, G. R. Martin and A. Bhalerao. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Volume 19, Issue 8, August, 2010. 10 pages. Index Terms: Affine estimation, Structural Texture.
- An Affine Symmetric Image Model and Its Applications.
H. Park, G. R. Martin and A. Bhalerao, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Volume 19, Issue 7, July, 2010. 11 pages. Index Terms: Image Model, Afﬁne Symmetry, Segmentation.
- Analysis of Retinal Vasculature Using a Multiresolution Hermite Model.
L. Wang, A. Bhalerao and R. Wilson. IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, February 2007, Volume 26, Issue 2. 17 pages.
- Volumetric Texture Segmentation by Discriminant Feature Selection and Mulitresolution Classification.
C.C. Reyes-Aldasoro and A. Bhalerao. IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, January 2007. Volume 26, Issue 1. 14 pages.
- The Bhattacharyya space for feature selection and its application to texture segmentation.
C.C. Reyes-Aldasoro and A. Bhalerao. Pattern Recognition, May 2006, Volume 39, Issue 5, Pages 812-826.
- Cortical organization of sensory corrections in visuomotor skill acquisition.
S. Mitra, A.Bhalerao, P. Summers, and S. Williams. Neuroscience Letters, July 2005, Volume 382, Issues 1-2, pp76-81.
- Unsupervised Image Segmentation Combining Region and Boundary Estimation,
A. Bhalerao, R. Wilson. In Image and Vision Computing, May 2001, Vol. 19, Num. 6, pp353-386.
- Towards Electronically Assisted Peer Assessment: a case study,
A. Bhalerao, A. Ward. In Association of Learning Technology Journal (ALT-J), April 2001, Vol. 9, Num. 1.
- Fast Re-Rendering of Volume and Surface Graphics by Depth, Color and Opacity Buffering,
A. Bhalerao, H. Pfister, M. Halle and R. Kikinis. Medical Image Analysis, Sept. 2000, Vol. 4, Num. 3, pp235-251.
- Tissue Classification Based on 3D Local Intensity Structures for Volume Rendering,
Y. Sato, C-F. Westin, A. Bhalerao, S. Nakajima, N. Shiraga, S. Tamura, and R. Kininis. IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, April-June 2000, Vol. 6, Num. 2, pp150-159.
- Multiresolution, Model Based Segmentation of MR Angiograms,
P. Summers, A. Bhalerao and D. Hawkes. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 1997.
- Computer Assisted Planning for Cerebro-vascular Neurosurgery,
S. Nakajima, H. Atsumi, A. Bhalerao and R. Kikinis et. al. Neurosurgery, 1997.
- Kernel Designs for Efficient Multiresolution Edge Detection and Orientation Estimation,
R. Wilson and A. Bhalerao. IEEE, Trans. PAMI, March, 1992.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Nuclear Segmentation and Classification: On Color and Compression Generalization. Q. Dang Vu, R. Jewsbury, S. Graham, M. Jahanifar, S. E. Ahmed Raza, F. Minhas, A. Bhalerao, N. Rajpoot. In: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Machine Learning in Medical Imaging (MLMI) 2022. LNCS, vol. 13583, pp 249-256. December 2022.
Lane Change Classification and Prediction with Action Recognition Networks. Kai Liang, Jun Wang, Abhir Bhalerao. AVVision Workshop, European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), October 2022.
- Cross-modal Prototype Driven Network for Radiology Report Generation. Jun Wang, Abhir Bhalerao and Yulan He. Proceedings of European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), October 2022. Preprint arXiv code
- A QuadTree Image Representation for Computational Pathology. Rob Jewsbury, Abhir Bhalerao and Nasir Rajpoot. Proceedings of the IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), pages 648-656. 2021.
Luminance-based video backdoor attack against anti-spoofing rebroadcast detection. Abhir Bhalerao, Kassem Kallas, Benedetta Tondi, Mauro Barni (2019). In: Multimedia Signal Processing 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 27-29 Sep 2019.
- Dual viewpoint passenger state classification using 3D CNNs. Ian Tu, Abhir Bhalerao, Nathan Griffiths, Mauricio Muñoz Delgado, Alasdair Thomason, Thomas Popham, Alex Mouzakitis (2018). In: IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV'18) , Chang Shu, China, 26-19 June 2018.
- Deep Passenger State Monitoring using Viewpoint Warping, Ian Tu, Abhir Bhalerao, Nathan Griffiths, Mauricio Munoz, Thomas Popham and Alex Mouzakitis. International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP) 2017, Italy, September 2017.
- Person Re-Identification using Partial Least Squares Appearance Modelling, Gregory Watson and Abhir Bhalerao. International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP) 2017, Italy, September 2017.
- Weakly-Supervised Evidence Pinpointing and Description, Qiang Zhang, Abhir Bhalerao, and Charles Hutchinson. In International Conference on Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI 2017), North Carolina, USA, Jun 2017.
- Loglet SIFT for Part Description in Deformable Part Models: Application to Face Alignment. Qiang Zhang and Abhir Bhalerao, Loglet SIFT for Part Description in Deformable Part Models: Application to Face Alignment. In: British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2016), York, UK, 19th to 22nd September 2016. Published in: Proceedings of BMVC 2016.
- Wavelet appearance pyramids for landmark detection and pathology classification : application to lumbar spinal stenosis. Q. Zhang, A. Bhalerao, C. Parsons, E. Helm and C. Hutchinson. In: Medical Image Computing and Computer Aided Intervention (MICCAI 2016), Athens, Greece, 17-21 Oct 2016. Published in: Proceedings of MICCAI 2016.
- Warwick-JLR Driver Monitoring Dataset (DMD): Statistics and Early Findings. P. Taylor, N. Griffiths, A. Bhalerao, Z. Xu, A. Gelencser and T. Popham. In Proceedings of the 2015 International Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, 2015.
- Active shape model unleashed with multi-scale local appearance. Qiang Zhang, Abhir Bhalerao, Emma Helm, Charles Hutchinson. Quebec City, Canada, 27-30 Sept 2015. Published in: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP).
- Redundant Feature Selection using Permutation Methods. P. Taylor, N. Griffiths, A. Bhalerao. In Automatic Machine Learning (AutoML) Workshop at ICML15, 2015.
- Redundant Feature Selection for Telemetry Data. Philip Taylor, Nathan Griffiths, Abhir Bhalerao, Thomas Popham, Xu Zhou, Alain Dunoyer. Agents and Data Mining Interaction - 9th International Workshop, ADMI 2013, Saint Paul, MN, USA, May 6-7, 2013, Revised Selected Papers. Springer 2014 Lecture Notes in Computer Science ISBN 978-3-642-55191-8.
- Warwick-JLR Driver Monitoring Dataset (DMD): A public Dataset for Driver Monitoring Research. P. Taylor, N. Griffiths, A. Bhalerao, D. Watson, X. Zhou and T. Popham. In Proceedings of the Cognitive Load and In-Vehicle Human-Machine Interaction Workshop (CLW 2013), 2013.
- Feature Selection in Highly Redundant Signal Data: A Case Study in Vehicle Telemetry Data and Driver Monitoring. Philip Taylor, Nathan Griffiths, Abhir Bhalerao, Thomas Popham, Xu Zhou, Alain Dunoyer. In Proceedings of 9th International Workshop on Agents and Datamining Interaction, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA. May, 2013. Keywords: Feature Selection, High-dimensional data mining, Driver Monitoring, Processing Vehicle CAN Bus Data, Intelligent Vehicle Systems.
- Local Affine Texture Tracking for Serial Registration of Zebrafish Images. Abhir Bhalerao, Luke Pase, Graham J. Lieschke, Stephen A. Renshaw, Constantino Carlos Reyes-Aldasoro. 9th IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro, ISBI 2012, May 2-5, 2012, Barcelona, Spain. Keywords: Affine-Image Registration, Image region tracking, Zebra fish image analysis.
- Fast, Approximate 3D Face Reconstruction from Multiple Views. Tim Rawlinson and Abhir Bhalerao. In Proceedings of Postgraduate Workshop, British Vision Conference, 2011. Keywords: Face modelling from multiple-views, Face modelling with Web Cameras.
- Surface Reconstruction of Rotating Objects from Monocular Video. Charlotte Boden and Abhir Bhalerao. Proceedings of Advances Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems, Springer LNCS pp702-711. 2011. Keywords: 3D Face Reconstruction from video.
- Multi-Frame Scene-Flow Estimation Using a Patch Model and Smooth Motion Prior, Popham, T.J. and Bhalerao, A.H. and Wilson, R.G. In: British Machine Vision Conference Workshop, 2010. Keywords: 3D Scene reconstruction from multiple cameras.
- A Smooth 6DOF Motion Prior for Efficient 3D Surface Tracking, Popham, T.J. and Wilson, R.G. and Bhalerao, A.H. In: IEEE 3DTV Conference, Tampere, Finland, 2010. Keywords: 3D Scene Reconstruction and Motion Tracking.
- Classification of Lung Disease in HRCT Scans using Integral Geometry Measures and Functional Data Analysis, E. Thonnes, A. Bhalerao, D. Parr. In Proc. MIUA 2010. Keywords: Texture Modelling and Classification, Lung Disease (Fibrosis and Emphysema) Measurement from HRCT
- On the Parallelisation of MCMC-based Image Processing, J.M.R. Byrd, S.A. Jarvis, A.H. Bhalerao. In 9th IEEE International Workshop on High Performance Computational Biology, held as part of the 24th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), April 19-23, Atlanta, USA. 2010. Keywords: Markov-Chain Monte Carlo, Parallelisation of MCMC Simulations.
- On the Parallelisation of of MCMC by Speculative Chain Execution. JMR Byrd, SA Jarvis, AH Bhalerao, In Proc. Workshop on Multithreaded Architectures and Applications, 24th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), April 19-23, Atlanta, USA. 2010. Keywords: Speculative Chains, Markov-Chain Monte Carlo Parallelisation.
- Unsupervised clustering using Diffusion Maps for Local Shape Modelling. D. Valdes and A. Bhalerao. In Proceedings of European Conference on Computer Aided Systems' Theory, EUROCAST, February 2009. LNCS Volume 5717. Keywords: High-demensional Clustering, Non-linear embedding, Diffusion Maps.
- Robust Detection of Microaneurysms for Sight Threatening Retinopathy Screening. Abhir Bhalerao, Amiya Patanaik, Sarabjot Anand, Pounnusamy Saravanan. IEEE Sixth Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP 08). India, December 2008. Keywords: Retinal Image Analysis, Detection of Microaneurysms, Retinopathy detection, Modelling of object detection and ROCs.
- Retinal Fundus Image Constrast Normalization using Mixture of Gaussians. Abhir Bhalerao, Sarabjot Anand and Ponnusamy Saravanan. The 42nd Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers. Monterey, October 2008. In Proceedings IEEE. Keywords: Image Contrast Correction, Retinal Image Analysis, Modelling structures in retinal images.
- To Boldly Split: Partitioning Space Filling Curves by Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation.
Daniel Valdes and Abhir Bhalerao. Proceedings of Mexican Conference on AI, MICAI pages 543-553. October 2008. Springer. LNAI Volume 5317. ISBN 978-3-540-88635-8. Keywords: Boundary Contour Partitioning, MCMC Simulation, Self similar/Fractal curves.
- Integral Geometry Descriptors for Characterizing Emphysema and Lung Fibrosis in HRCT Images. M. Charemza, E. Thonnes, A. Bhalerao. In Proceedings of the 1st MICCAI Workshop on Pulmonary Image Analysis. New York, September 2008. ISBN 978-1-4357-5952-7. Keywords: Integral Geometry Measures, Minkowski Functionals, Texture measures, Lung Disesase characterisation, Classification.
- Speculative Moves: Multithreading Markov Chain Monte Carlo Programs. J.M.R. Byrd, A. Bhalerao and S.A. Jarvis. High-Performance Medical Image Computing and Computer Aided Intervention (HP-MICCAI 08), 10 September 2008, New York, USA. Springer LNCS Volume 5241.
- Local Shape Modelling for Brain Morphometry using Curvature Scale Space. Daniel Valdes and Abhir Bhalerao. Proceedings of Medical Image Understandig and Analysis. Dundee, July 2008.
- Retinal Fundus Image Constrast Normalization using Mixture of Gaussians (abstract). Abhir Bhalerao, Sarabjot Anand and Ponnusamy Saravanan. Imaging the Eye IV: Technologies and Clinical Applications. The Institute of Physics, May 2008.
- Reducing the Run-time of MCMC Programs by Multithreading on SMP Architectures. J.M.R. Byrd, A. Bhalerao and S.A. Jarvis. Workshop on Multithreaded Architectures and Applications (MTAAP '08), held in conjunction with the 22nd IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS'08), April 14-18 2008, Miami, Florida USA.
- Structural Texture Segmentation Using Affine Symmetry.
H. Park, G. R. Martin and A. Bhalerao. In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Processing. San Antonio, Texas. September 2007.
- Hyperspherical von Mises-Fisher (hVMF) Modelling of High Angular Resolution Diffusion MRI.
A. Bhalerao and C-F. Westin. In Proc. Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention, MICCAI 2007. Brisbane. October 2007. Springer. LNCS Volume 4792.
- Unsupervised Learning of Shape Manifolds.
N. M. Rajpoot, M. Arif and A. H. Bhalerao. In Proc. British Machine Vision Conference, BMVC 2007. Warwick. September 2007.
- Minimum Entropy Light and Shading Approximation.
A. Bhalerao. In Proc. British Machine Vision Conference, BMVC 2006. Edinburgh. September 2006.
- An Affine Symmetric Approach to Natural Image Compression.
H. Park, A. Bhalerao and G. R. Martin. In Proc. 2nd International Mobile Multimedia Communications Conference, MobiMedia 2006. September, 2006.
- Local shape modelling using warplets.
A. Bhalerao and R. Wilson. In Proc. Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis SCIA, June 2005. Springer. LNCS Volume 3540. ISBN 978-3-540-26320-3.
- Warplets: An image-dependent wavelet representation.
A. Bhalerao and R. Wilson. In Proc. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) 2005, September 2005.
- Texture transfer using affine transformation groups and patch boundary matching.
T.M.A. Smith and A. Bhalerao. In Proc. IEE Visual Information Engineering Conference (VIE) 2005.
- Comparative Assessment of Retinal Vasculature using Topological and Geometric Measures.
In D. Fan, A. Bhalerao, and R. Wilson. Proceedings of SPIE Medical Imaging, February 2005.
- Affine Invariant Image Segmentation.
A. Bhalerao and R. Wilson. In Proc. BMVC, Kingston University, 2004.
- Robust Modelling of Local Image Structures and its Application to Medical Imagery.
L. Wang, A. Bhalerao and R. Wilson. In Proc. Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition, ICPR'04. Cambridge, 2004.
- Tensor Splats: Visualising Tensor Fields by Texture Mapped Volume Rendering.
A. Bhalerao and C-F. Westin. In Proc. Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), November 2003, Montreal, Canada. Springer, LNCS Volume 2879.
- Discriminant Feature Selection for Texture Classification.
A. Bhalerao and N. Rajpoot. In Proc. British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), September 2003.
- Volumetric Texture Description and Discriminant Feature Selection for MRI.
C-C. Reyes-Aldasoro and A. Bhalerao. In Proc. Information Processing In Medical Imaging (IPMI), July, 2003. Springer. LNCS Volume 2732. ISBN 978-3-540-40560-3.
- A Computer-Based Environment for the Study of Relational Query Languages.
M. Beynon, A. Bhalerao, C. Roe and A. Ward. LTSN Workshop on Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Databases (TLAD), 14th July 2003, Coventry.
- Bayesian Analysis of Vascular Structure, E. Thonnes, A. Bhalerao, W.S. Kendall and R. Wilson. In R.G. Aykroyd, K.V. Mardia and M.J. Langdon (Eds.), Stochastic Geometry, Biological Structure and Images, pp. 115-118. Department of Statistics, University of Leeds.
- Model Based Segmentation for Retinal Fundus Images.
L. Wang and A. Bhalerao. Proc. of Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis (SCIA), June, 2003. Gotenberg, Sweden. Springer. LNCS Volume 2749. ISBN 978-3-540-40601-3.
- Volumetric Texture Description and Discriminant Feature Selection for MRI.
A. Bhalerao and C-C. Reyes-Aldasoro. In selected papers from EUROCAST, February, 2003. Las Plamas, Spain. Springer. LNCS Volume 2809.
- A Bayesian Approach To Inferring Vascular Tree Structure From 2D Imagery.
E. Thönnes, A. Bhalerao, W. Kendall and R. Wilson. In Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), September, 2002. Rochester, NY.
- Sub-band Filtering for MR Texture Segmentation. C. C. Reyes and A. Bhalerao. Presented at workshop on Tissue Texture In MRI, Bergen, Norway, May, 2002. Also in Proc of Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (MIUA), July, 2002. Portsmouth, UK.
- Detecting Branching Structures Using Local Gaussian Models.
L. Wang and A. Bhalerao. in Proc of IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), July, 2002. Washington, DC.
- Model Based Detection of Branching Structures.
L. Wang and A. Bhalerao. in Proc of Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (MIUA), July, 2002. Portsmouth, UK.
- Inferring Vascular Structrue from 2D and 3D Imagery.
A. Bhalerao, E. Thönnes, W. Kendall and R. Wilson. Proc. Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), Utrecht, October 2001, pp820-828. LNCS Volume 2208.
- Interactive Visualisation of MRI Vector and Tensor Fields. Abhir Bhalerao and Paul Summers. In Proc of Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI 2001), Utrecht, October 2001, pp1401-1403. LNCS Volume 2208.
- A Fourier Approach to 3D Local Feature Estimation from Volume Data.
A. Bhalerao, R. Wilson In Proc. British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), Sept. 2001, Volume 2, pp461-470.
- Estimating Local and Global Structure using a Gaussian Intensity Model.
A. Bhalerao, R. Wilson. In Proceedings of Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (MIUA), July 2001.
- Tensor Controlled Local Structure Enhancement of CT Images for Bone Segmentation.
C-F. Westin, S. Warfield, A. Bhalerao, L. Mui, J. Richolt, and R. Kikinis. in Proc. First Int. Conf. on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), p.1205-1212, ISBN 3-540-65136-5, LNCS Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Eds. W.M. Wells, A. Colchester, and S. Delp, Springer Verlag, October, 1998. LNCS Volume 1496.
- Tissue classification based on 3D intensity structures for volume rendering.
Y. Sato, C-F Westin, A. Bhalerao, et. al. Proceedings of JAMIT Frontier '97, Suita, Japan, pp.167-172.
- Using Local 3D Structure for Segmentation of Bone from Computer Tomography Images.
C-F Westin, A. Bhalerao, H. Knutsson and R. Kikinis. Proceedings of CVPR, June 1997.
- Unwrapping Phase Artifacts in 3D Phase Contrast Angiograms.
A. Bhalerao, C-F Westin, and R. Kikinis. Proceedings of 1st Joint Meeting of CVRMED/MRCAS '97, March 1997, Grenoble, France. LNCS Volume 1205.
- The Estimation of Fetal Organ Volume Using Statistical Shape Analysis.
C. F. Ruff, A. Bhalerao, S. W. Hughes, T. J. D'Arcy and D. J. Hawkes. Proceedings of Computer Assisted Radiology, '96, Paris, France, June 1996
- Derivation of Pressure Gradients from Magnetic Resonance Angiography Using Multi-Resolution Segmentation.
P. Summers and A. Bhalerao. Proceedings of IEE Conference on Image Processing and its Applications, Edinburgh, UK, July, 1995.
- A Multiresolution Approach to Flow Feature Extraction from Phase Contrast MRA.
A. Bhalerao and P. Summers. Proceedings XIVth International Conference on Information Processing in Medical Imaging (IPMI'95), France, June, 1995. Kluwer, 1995. ISBN 0-7923-3593-7.
- A Multiresolution Approach to Flow Feature Extraction from Phase Contrast MRA, A. Bhalerao and P. Summers. Digest of IEE Colloquium on Muti-resolution Modelling and Analysis in Image Processing and Computer Vision, April 1995.
- Multiresolution Image Segmentation Combining Region and Boundary Information.
A. Bhalerao and R. Wilson. In: Johansen, P. and Olsen, S., (Eds.), Theory and Applications of Image Analysis - Selected Papers from 7th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis. World Scientific Publishers, London, 1992. ISBN 97898127896.
- Multiresolution Image Segmentation Combining Region and Boundary Information.
A. Bhalerao and R. Wilson. Proc. 7th Scandinavian Conf. Im. Analysis, pages 1162-1169, Aalborg Denmark 1991
- Robust Estimation of Orientations in Images Using a Multiresolution Approach.
R. Wilson, S. C. Clippingdale and A. Bhalerao. Proc. 5th SPIE Conf. Vis. Comm. Image. Proc., Lausanne, 1990.
Technical Reports and Theses
- Classification of human knee data from magnetic resonance images. Reyes-Aldasoro, C.C. and Bhalerao, A.H. (2002). Technical Report. Department of Computer Science, Coventry, UK.
- Detecting branching structures using local Gaussian models. Wang, L. and Bhalerao, A.H. (2001). Technical Report. Department of Computer Science, Coventry, UK.
- Angiotool: a tool for interactive visualization of MRI vector and tensor fields. Bhalerao, A.H. and Summers, P.B. (2001). Technical Report. Department of Computer Science, Coventry, UK.
- Unsupervised image segmentation combining region and boundary estimation. Bhalerao, A.H. and Wilson, R.G. (2000) Technical Report. Department of Computer Science, Coventry, UK.
- Image matching based on The co-occurrence matrix. Hseu, H.W.R., Bhalerao, A.H. and Wilson, R.G. (1999) Technical Report. Department of Computer Science, Coventry, UK.
- Multiresolution Image Segmentation Combining Region and Boundary Information. Bhalerao, A.H. and Wilson, R.G. (1990) Technical Report. Department of Computer Science, Coventry, UK.
- Multiresolution image segmentation. Bhalerao, A.H. and Wilson, R.G. (1989) Technical Report. Department of Computer Science, Coventry, UK.
- Multiresoultion Image Segmentation.
A. Bhalerao. PhD Thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, November 1991.
- The influence of CT contrast phase in early detection of pancreatic cancer when using radiomic features and machine learning. Susanna Kallioinen, Abhir Bhalerao, Charles E. Hutchinson, Caron S. Parsons. The Early Detection of Cancer Conference (EDCC), Portland Oregon, October 2022. (poster)
- Digital score of lymphocytic infiltration in tumor-associated stroma in relation to overall survival in bladder cancer. Robert Jewsbury, Robert Pell, Abhir Bhalerao, Shan E Ahmed Raza, Anna Wilkins, Nicholas D. James, Clare Verrill, David Snead, Nasir Rajpoot. Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol. 40, 2022. Presented at ASCO 2022.
- Quantitative CT for the assessment of disease severity in interstitial lung disease. David Parr, Emma Helm, Joanna Shakespeare, Rhian Hughes and Abhir Bhalerao. European Respiratory Journal, Vol. 56, suppl. 64., September 2020.
- Textural analysis differentiates brown and white adipose tissue on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in vivo
Clinical Radiology, Volume 73, Supplement 1, September 2018, Pages e10-e11
Terence Alan Jones, Abhir Bhalerao, Sarah Wayte, Thomas Barber, Charle Hutchinson.
- Development of an Automated Shape and Textural Software Model of the Paediatric Knee for Estimation of Skeletal Age.
Caron Parsons, Charles Hutchinson, Emma Helm, Alexander Clarke, Asfand Baig Mirza, Qiang Zhang and Abhir Bhalerao. International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), The 24th Annual Meeting and Exhibition, Singapore, 7-13 May 2016.
- The Quantification of Callus Formation After Reamed and Unreamed Nailing.
R.N. Brueton, A. Bhalerao, Y. Qui and H. Seidel. Presented at the British Orthopaedic Research Society, Leeds 2002. (In BORS Proceedings in Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Proceedings).
- Shifts in Control Locus During Motor Skill Acquisition.
S. Mitra, A. Bhalerao, P. Summers and S. Williams. (abstract) Presented at the fMRI Experience III symposium, Institute of Psychiatry, London, April, 2001.
- Recording and Retrieval of Vascular Data: A Catalogue Approach.
P. Summers, C. Cincet, A. Bhalerao. Proc. of The Xth Annual International Workshop on MR Angiography: Coming of Age , Park City, Utah, U.S.A. September 1998.
- The Analysis of Acetabular Fractures by Articular Cartilage Area.
R. N. Breuton, A. Bhalerao, S. W. Hughes. 3rd Domestic Congress of the European Hip Society, Beaune, France, June 1998.
- Assessment of Acetabular Fractures from Articular Cartilage Area.
Richard Breuton, Abhir Bhalerao, Stephen Hughes. 6th Trauma Course, Centre for Trauma and Orthopaedics, Strasbourg, France, April 1998
- The Digital Interactive Knee Atlas.
Multimedia Education Demonstrations, Jens A. Richolt, Polina Golland, Carl S. Winalski, Mark Anderson, Abhir Bhalerao, Seppo Koskinen, Scott Martin, Ron Kikinis. Annual Meeting of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Multimedia Education Center, New Orleans, USA, March 1998
- Segmentation and Visualisation of Phase-contrast MR Angiograms.
Rontgen Centenary Congress, P. Summers and A. Bhalerao, Annual Meeting of the British Institute of Radiology, Birmingham, UK, June 1995
- A Multiresolution Approach to Flow Feature Extraction from Phase-Contrast MR Angiograms.
P. Summers and A. Bhalerao. Proceedings of the 3th annual scientific meeting of the Society of Magnetic Resonance, Nice, France, 1995
- Hans Peter Pfister and Abhir Bhalerao. Rendering Objects Having Multiple Volumes & Embedded Geometries Using Minimal Depth Information Bhalerao, Mitsubishi Electric Research Labs (MERL), Mar 5, 2002. US Patent 6,353,677
- Wang Li, Bhalerao Abhir, Wilson Roland. Fingerprint recognition including preprocessing an image by justification and segmentation. June, 22. 2007: United Kingdom Patent GB2450479.
- Wang Li, Bhalerao Abhir, Wilson Roland: Fingerprint matching method and apparatus. Warwick Warp Dec, 31 2008: WO 2009/001121 (United Kingdom Patent GB2441228B). United States Patent Application 20100266168
- Wang Li, Bhalerao Abhir, Wilson Roland: Method and apparatus for identifying and matching fingerprints using sweat pores. Warwick Warp Feb, 26 2009: WO 2009/024811 (United Kingdom Patent GB2451888).
- Bhalerao Abhir, Wang Li, Wilson Roland. Modelling an object and determination of how it is lit - United Kingdom Patent GB2441228. 2011.