Joel and Ethan Coen: "A Serious Man", 2009
I am a PhD student at University of Warwick since November 2013, my supervisor is Florin Ciucu. Since June 2012 I am a research assistant in the research group Internet Network Architectures at the Technische Universität Berlin. Previously, I studied Mathematics (minor: Philosophy) at the Freie Universität Berlin, from where I received my Diploma in March 2012.
My research interests include Stochastic Network Calculus and Information Theory.
- F. Ciucu, F. Poloczek, J. Schmitt: Stochastic Upper and Lower Bounds for General Markov Fluids, ITC 2016, to appear.
- A. Rizk, F. Poloczek, F. Ciucu: Stochastic bounds in Fork–Join queueing systems under full and partial mapping, Queueing Systems, 83 (3-4), 261-291, 2016.
- F. Poloczek, F. Ciucu: Contrasting Effects of Replication in Parallel Systems: From Overload to Underload and Back, Proceedings of ACM Sigmetrics 2016, 375-376, Antibes Juan-les-Pins, France, 2016.
- A. Rizk, F. Poloczek, F. Ciucu: Computable Bounds in Fork-Join Queueing Systems, Proceedings of ACM Sigmetrics 2015, 335-346, Portland, OR, 2015.
- F. Poloczek, F. Ciucu: Service-Martingales: Theory and Applications to the Delay Analysis of Random Access Protocols, Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, 945-953, Hongkong, 2015.
- F. Ciucu, F. Poloczek: On Multiplexing Flows: Does it Hurt or Not?, Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, 1122-1130, Hongkong, 2015.
F. Poloczek, F. Ciucu: Scheduling Analysis with Martingales, Performance Evaluation, 79 (56-72), 2014.
- F. Ciucu, F. Poloczek, O. Hohlfeld: On Capacity Dimensioning in Dynamic Scenarios: The Key Role of Peak Values, Proceedings of IEEE Lanman, Reno, NV, 2014.
F. Ciucu, F. Poloczek, J. Schmitt: Sharp Per-Flow Delay Bounds for Bursty Arrivals: The Case of FIFO, SP, and EDF Scheduling, Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, 1896-1904, Toronto, ON, 2014.
F. Poloczek, F. Ciucu: A Martingale-Envelope and Applications, Performance Evaluation Review, 41:3 (43-45), 2013.
F. Ciucu, F. Poloczek, J. Schmitt: Sharp Bounds in Stochastic Network Calculus, Performance Evaluation Review, 41:1 (367-368), 2013.
F. Poloczek, F. Ciucu: Coding of Brownian Motion by Quantization of Exit Times, Proceedings of the 50th Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Monticello, IL, 2012.
I was involved as a tutor in the teaching of the following modules:
F dot H dot M dot Poloczek at warwick dot ac dot uk