I am a post graduate researcher at the University of Warwick, supervised by Dr. Nathan Griffiths. I did my undergraduate degree here at Warwick, receiving an MEng qualification. I am currently funded by the EPSRC.
My research focuses on influence spread and cascade models. By modelling how influence and ideas spread throughout a social network, it is hoped we can better understand epidemics and at what point they can become a serious issue to a community. There are further applications in helping to increase the effectiveness of things such as viral marketing. Identifying influential individuals within a network allows us to see the best people to target with such campaigns and spread our message or product to the largest number of people we can.
I have been involved with the following modules in previous years:
- CS118 - Programing for Computer Scientists
- CS126 - Design Of Information Structures
- CS133 - Professional Skills
- CS313 - Mobile Robotics
- CS324 - Computer Graphics
- CS345/912 - Sensor Networks and Mobile Data Communications
- CS404 - Agent Based Systems