I am a PhD graduate in the Department of Computer Science. I work under the supervision of Prof. Chang-Tsun Li.
My research interests include computer vision, deep learning, and transfer learning, and particularly person matching and recognition in video surveillance systems (Person Re-Identification).
- Research Fellow | Nanyang Technological University | May 2020 - Present
- Project Officer | Nanyang Technological University | August 2019 - May 2020
- Research Assistant | Nanyang Technological University | Oct 2017 - July 2019
- Research Assistant | Hong Kong Baptist University | Dec 2016 - Mar 2017
Shan Lin, Chang-Tsun Li, Alex C. Kot, “Multi-Domain Adversarial Feature Generalization for Person Re-Identification,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP), 2021.
- Shan Lin, Chang-Tsun Li. Person Re-identification with Soft Biometrics through Deep Learning. In Deep Biometrics, Springer, 2019.
- Yihan Guo, Shan Lin, Xiao Ma, Jay Bal, Chang-Tsun Li. Homogeneous Feature Transfer and Heterogeneous Location Fine-tuning for Cross-City Property Appraisal Framework. In Australasian Data Mining Conference (AusDM), 2018.
- Shan Lin, Haoliang Li, Chang-Tsun Li, Alex C Kot. Multi-task Mid-level Feature Alignment Network for Unsupervised Cross-Dataset Person Re-Identification. In British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), 2018. (spotlights, 2.3% acceptance rate)
- Shan Lin, Chang-Tsun Li. End-to-End Correspondence and Relationship Learning of Mid-Level Deep Features for Person Re-Identification, In International Conference on Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA), 2017.
For the 2015/16 academic year, I have been involved in teaching as a seminar tutor of