Hello world! I am Tejas Kulkarni and I am currently a Postdoc in PML group located at Aalto University in Finland. I have submitted my Ph.D in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Warwick, UK mentored by Prof. Graham Cormode. Previously, I did my masters with Prof. John Augustine in India.
My current research interest is in privacy preserving data analytics. I spent the academic year 2016-17 at the Alan Turing Institute, London.
In some papers, authors are sorted alphabetically (This is a standard convention in theory communities.)
Papers led by me.
- Differentially Private Bayesian Inference for Generalized Linear Models With Joonas Jälkö, Antti Koskela, Antti Honkela, and Samuel Kaski (ICML 2021, core A*, Privacy Preserving Machine Learning Workshop- NeurlPS 2020)
- Answering Range Queries Under Local Differential Privacy With Graham Cormode and Divesh Srivastava (ACM VLDB 2019, core A*, student research competition @ SIGMOD 2019)
- Marginal Release Under Local Differential Privacy Model. [code] With Graham Cormode and Divesh Srivastava (ACM SIGMOD 2018, core A*)
- Constrained Differential Privacy for Count Data. With Graham Cormode and Divesh Srivastava (IEEE ICDE 2018, best papers from ICDE 18 were invited for IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), core A*)
- Leader Election in Sparse Dynamic Networks with Churn (IEEE IPDPS 2015, core A). With Sumathi Sivasubramanian, John Augustine
- Robust Leader Election For Fast Changing World (FOMC 2013 - A Workshop at ACM DISC 2013) With Paresh Nakhe, John Augustine, Peter Robinson
Non-lead author papers.
- Private Protocols for U-Statistics in the Local Model and Beyond With James Bell, Adria Gascon & Aurelien Bellet (International Conference on AI and Statistics (AISTATS 2020, core A* )
Here is a short summary of my career and educational trajectory.
- Postdoc at Aalto University (Oct 2019- )
- PhD student at the University of Warwick (Nov 2015 - Sept 2019)
- Software Engineer, AdElement Media, Pune, India (Aug 2014 - Oct 2015)
- Masters research student in the Dept. Of Computer Science at Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras, India (Jan 2012- July 2014) with Prof. John Augustine. I was associated with the ACT lab.
- Project internship at LSI Logic Pune, India ( Dec 2011- Feb 2012)
- 6 months diploma In Embedded Systems from CDAC,ACTS, Pune, India(2010- 2011)
- Software engineer at HSBC GLT, Pune (June 2008- July 2009)
- B.E. (Computer Science) , Govt. College Of Engg. Aurangabad, India (2004-2008)
For more details about my work, please visit my LinkedIn page.
You can contact me at abc[at]d.com where a <= tejas , b <=vijay , c<= kulkarni & d<=gmail