Muhammad Dawood is a PhD student at TIA Research Center, Computer Science Department, University of Warwick. He is predominantly interested in developing Machine learning algorithms for interlinking histology and genomic data to uncover the genes-phenotype linkage for cost-effective disease diagnostics.
PhD Computer Science University of Warwick, UK (2020 - 2024)
Supervisors: Asst Prof. Fayyaz Minhas & Prof. Nasir Rajpoot
MS Computer Science Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad (2016 - 2018)
Thesis: Analysis of Hurricane Satellite Imagery
BSc Computer Software Engineering University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Peshawar, Pakistan (2012 - 2016)
BSc Thesis: Novel approach for Quran Learning using NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and TPI (Total Physical Interaction) in handheld devices.
Honours and Awards
- Fully funded studentship for PhD studies (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Best Paper Award at ICCV CdPath 2021.
- IT and Telecom Endowment Fund Scholarship for Master's studies (Pakistan Higher Education Commission).
Teaching and Industrial Experience
- Graduate Teaching Assistant University of Warwick (2021 - till now)
- MA117 Programming for Computer Scientist (Academic year 20/21)
CS255-15 Artificial Intelligence (Academic year 21/22)
- Lecturer at the Department of Software Engineering, University of Science & Technology Bannu (March 2019 - October 2020).
- Taught courses: Artificial Intelligence(AI), AI Lab, Python programming, Data Structures & Algorithms, Computer organization and architecture Lab
- FYP coordinator: Undergraduate Final year project coordinator at UST Bannu
- BS Thesis Supervision: 02
- Machine Learning Engineer INTAQSOL Islamabad, Pakistan (Feb 2019 - March 2019
- Hurricane Intensity Estimation from Infrared Satellite Imagery using deep Learning
- Hurricane Intensity forecasting using recurrent neural network
- Personalized Apparel Aesthetic Value Prediction using Deep Learning
- Suspicious Sound detection and recognition(ongoing)
- Sentiment Analysis of Twitter posts
- Participation in Pakistan 2018 Election Winner Prediction Contest
Genomic Data Science
- Identification of alternative splicing sites in Cotton Transcriptome
- Drugs recommendation system
- Smart Quran Learning Application using NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and TPI (Total physical interaction) Approach
- Management system for Polysoft CD Store
- Management system for Shah-Advertiser, Mardan
- Management system for Unicom Mat factory Industrial State Hayatabad, Pakistan
- Deep-PHURIE: Hurricane Intensity Estimation from Infrared Satellite Imagery using deep Learning, M. Dawood, A. Asif, F. Minhas. Neural Computing & Applications (2019). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-019-04410-7 (JIF: 4.664) (software)
- PHURIE: Hurricane Intensity Estimation from Infrared Satellite Imagery using Machine Learning, A. Asif, M. Dawood, B. Jan, J. Khurshid, M. DeMaria, and F. Minhas. Neural Computing and Applications, 2018 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-018-3874-6 (JIF: 4.664) (software)
"All You Need is Color: Image based Spatial Gene Expression Prediction using Neural Stain Learning". M. Dawood, K Branson, N. Rajpoot, F. Minhas. PharML 2021 ECML-PKDD. ( NSL Paper )
"ALBRT: Cellular Composition Prediction in Routine Histology Images". M. Dawood, K Branson, N. Rajpoot, F. Minhas. ICCV CdPath 2021 (Best Paper Award). ( ALBRT Paper )
"A Generalized Meta-loss Function for Distillation Based Learning Using Privileged Information for Classification and Regression". A.Asif, M.Dawood, and F. Minhas. ICANN2021