My name is Arwa Ali Al-Rubaian, a PhD student at the computer science department, under the supervision of Prof.Nasir Rajpoot and Dr.Shan Raza. I am a member of the Tissue Image Analytics (TIA) center.
My main research interest is Computational Pathology, the adaptation of machine learning Algorithms for to extract interesting and useful biomarkers from whole slide images (WSIs). My current work is currently focused on the detection of molecular information from non-small cell lung cancer WSIs.
I am also interested in self--supervised learning and its application in computational pathology.
- 2014-2016 Masters of Science in Computer Science College of Computer and Information Sciences King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- 2008-2012 Bachelor of Science in Information Technology- data management College of Computer and Information Sciences
King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
With First class Honor.
2012-present Teaching Assistant at the Computer Science Department in the College of Computer and Information Sciences at King Saud University.
2011 Trainee at the Computer Research Institution at King Abdulaziz City for Sciences and Technology (KACST).
- Arwa Al-Rubaian, Ghada Badr, “The Flashing-Decision-Trees: Towards an Intelligent Seizure Prediction System”, In the proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BICOB), pp. 95-98, 2018.
- Arwa Al-Rubaian, Lama Alssum, Rawan Alharbi, Wafa Alrajhi, Haifa Aldayel, Nora Alangari, Hadeel Al-Negheimish, Aljohara Alfayez, Sara Alwaalan, Rania Aljindan, Ashwag Alshathri, Dania Alomar, Ghada Alhudhud, and Areej Al-Wabil, “The Design and Development of Empathetic Serious Games for Dyslexia: BCI Arabic Phonological Processing Training Systems” In the proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII), A. Marcus (Ed.): DUXU/HCII 2014, Part IV, LNCS 8520, pp. 105-112. Springer (2014)
- Bayan Alarifi, Arwa Al-Rubaian, Ghada Alofisan, Nora Alromi, Areej Al- Wabil,“Towards an Arabic Language Augmentative and Alternative Communication Application for Autism” , In the proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII), A. Marcus (Ed.): DUXU/HCII 2013, Part II, LNCS 8013, pp. 333-341. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)
- Mai Al-Zamel, Eman Alattas, Ghada Al-Hudhud and Arwa Alrubaian , “Affective Brain Signals Patterns for Personal Verification”, In the proceedings of 6th World Summit on the Knowledge Society, Aveiro, Portugal, (2013).
- Areej Al-Wabil, Ghada Alofisan, Arwa Alrubaian, Amani Musrea, Bayan Alarifi, Nora Alromi, “Designing Augmentative and Alternative Communication for Autism and Stroke: Touch-to-Speak iOS Application”, In proceedings of the 10th Asia Pacific Conference on Computer Human Interaction (APCHI), Matsue, Japan, August (2012).