The 11th edition of the International Workshop on Biometrics and Forensics (IWBF 2023) will be held in Barcelona, Spain, on April 19th - 20th, 2023.
IWBF is a premier international forum devoted to facilitating synergies in research and development in the areas of multimedia forensics, forensic
biometrics, and forensic science. IWBF provides the meeting place for those concerned with the use of advanced biometric technologies in forensic applications, attracting participants from industry, research, academia, and end-users.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Biometrics, including mobile biometrics, soft biometrics, and multimodal biometrics
- Multimedia forensics
- Integrity verification and authentication of digital content and their applications in forensic science
- Watermarking, steganography, and steganalysis and their applications in forensic science
- Anonymization & Data Privacy and their applications in forensic science
- Forensic behavioral biometrics
- Biometric analysis of crime scene traces and their forensic interpretation
- Biometric-based cybercrime investigation
- Resilience of biometric systems to attacks
- Biometric and non-biometric data de-identification
- Ethical and societal implications of emerging forensics biometrics
- Case studies of the aforementioned topics
- Dec 4th, 2022: The keynote speakers are confirmed now: Prof. Mark Nixon and Dr. Luisa Verdoliva
- November 7th, 2022: The Best Paper Award is sponsored by IAPR. Any accepted and presented paper is eligible to be considered for this award.
- October 15th, 2022: IWBF2023 is now on Twitter! Follow us @ieee_iwbf
- October 14th, 2022: Selected papers accepted and presented at IWBF2023 will be invited to submit an extended version to a special issue of Pattern Recognition Letters, to be opened for submissions in June 2023.
- April 8th, 2022: IWBF2023 is coming to Barcelona, Spain, on April 19th - 20th, 2023. IWBF2023 will be held fully in-person