Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Help in the Department

help button

Help in the Department: Where To Go

While we hope that your time at Warwick is free of complications or issues, it is important to know where help can be found if it is needed, along with the proper approaches and systems that you can make use of.

Pastoral Care

If you find yourself dealing with personal issues, it can be good to know who to turn to within the University. There is a wide network of support available, including your personal tutor, the senior tutors, Wellbeing Services, Counselling and the Health Centre.

Generally, your first point of call should be your personal tutor, who can then help to guide you in the next steps.

More information on personal tutors, senior tutors, and other resources the University provides can be found in the Academic Support and Pastoral Issues sectionLink opens in a new window of the student handbook.

The above length can also help with issues of funding, security, illness and acquiring references for jobs / internships.

Issues with Tabula, Module Registration and other Course Admin

It may be that you find a module is not showing properly on your timetable, or an assignment is missing from Tabula, or that you’ve ended up on the wrong course, you should first reach out to our student support team.



Generally, when it comes to admin issues, which may also include special arrangements for exams or deregistering from a module, the student support team will be the best placed to help. They know the regulations and systems well and can make sure the problem is solved quickly.

Issues with Logging In or the Linux Systems

If you find that you cannot login into the departmental systems, or wish to know about access to certain libraries / other technologies, you should contact our technical team at the email address: 

You can find useful information about our systemsLink opens in a new window in the student handbook.

Issues with Module Organisation or Content

You may find that a particular aspect of a module’s organisation is causing a problem. If you have a question about the content of a module, its delivery, or its assignments, your first point of call should be to contact the module organiser.

There may be a good reason for a particular choice that the organiser can explain, or there might be an issue they are not aware of that can now be rectified.

If you found the module organiser to be unresponsive, or they are not addressing the issue, you may wish to escalate this to your course director or the Director of Undergraduate Studies (Till Bretschneider).

You may also wish to submit an issue anonymously, this can be done through the following pages:

Undergraduates: opens in a new window

Postgraduates: opens in a new window


The Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC) is a good platform to raise course-wide concerns or provide positive feedback on what is working well.

It can be tempting to bring up issues with individual modules with SSLC representatives - however this is not an appropriate use of the SSLC, and they will often be directed to the above approach of reaching out to the module organiser.

If you have comments or concerns with the course as a whole (feedback, structure of the course, options available, resources available etc.) you should mention this to your SSLC representatives so that they are aware of the scope of the matter and can raise it at the next SSLC meeting if appropriate.

The SSLC representative(s) for your course can be found here: opens in a new window 

The above link can also be used to find the minutes from SSLC meetings, which should allow you to follow the matters brought up at these meetings and their outcomes.