Diamond Science and Technology 4 Year Programme
- Applicants should hold or expect to be awarded a first or upper second class honours BSc, MSc or MPhys, MChem, MEng, etc. in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Earth Science, Engineering or in an appropriate related discipline in order to register for the EPSRC funded Diamond Science and Technology 4 Year Programme leading to both an MSc and PhD.
- The DST CDT provides funding for the 4 year DST programme to UK and EU students (non-UK EU students must have resided in the UK for three years prior to the start of their course in order to be eligible). In exceptional cases for outstanding candidates funding may be available to overseas students. For notes on eligibility for EPSRC funding please click here. Self-funded or students possessing scholorships will of course be considered. These 4 year studentships pay a standard stipend to cover maintenance as well as paying the university fees and provide funding for mini-project, PhD travel expenses and research support. The stipends are usually paid at standard research council rates (for 2018-19 that is £14,777 per annum).
- For students whose first language is not English, we normally require a score of 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent. It is possible to arrange in-sessional English support for candidates who have just missed this target but can demonstrate sufficient communication ability at interview. Further information on English language requirements is given by the International Office.
Diamond Science and Technology 1 Year MSc Year Programme
- Applicants should hold or expect to be awarded at least a lower second class honours BSc, MSc or MPhys, MChem, MEng, etc. in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Earth Science, Engineering or in an appropriate related discipline.
- No EPSRC funding is available for the stand alone 1 year Diamond Science and Technology MSc. However, funding is possible by a range of mechanisms including university scholarships, an external scholarship or by self/family funding. A list of scholarships for taught masters study can be found through the international office who highlight the opportunities from all over the world. If you are applying for (or have successfully obtained) external funding you should inform us (DST dot admin at warwick dot ac dot uk), even if this is after you have submitted your application.
How to Apply
Taught MSc + 3 yr PhD
If you are in interested in applying for the combined 1 Year Taught MSc + 3 year PhD in Diamond Science and Technology click here.
If you are in interested in applying for the 1 Year Taught MSc in Diamond Science and Technology click here.
If you have any queries regarding applications or entrance requirements please email us.