- Date - to be confirmed
- Location - School of Engineering, Library Road, Central Campus, University of Warwick
- Travel information and campus maps - See http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/eng/about/contact/
- Charge - free. Participants just need to fund their travel and parking costs.
- Purpose of the event - to provide information, advice and guidance to teachers to help them support any pupils who are considering a career in engineering either via an apprenticeship or a University degree course
17:00 Register, coffee and cakes
17:30 Speed dates. 4 'dates' each lasting 15 minutes with:
Our engineering apprentice technicians to learn about doing an engineering apprenticeship
Our current engineering undergraduate engineering students to learn about what is involved in taking a degree course in engineering
A local representative from one of the Institutions of Engineering to learn about the the professional levels of engineer, technician, incorporate engineer and chartered engineer, what qualifications are needed and the typical career prospects
- Professor Barbara Shollock, who holds a the Tata Steel Chair Research Chair in Coatings, to learn about engineering careers in industry and research
18.30 - Final questions and farewell. A member of our Undergraduate Admissions team will also be available to answer any questions on University admissions to engineering courses.
Book your place below. If you subsequently need to cancel your place please email M.R.Jennings@warwick.ac.uk.
This form is closed and is no longer accepting any submissions.
Thank you for your time.