Dr Simon Leigh
- Reaction and Materials Engineering Grouping
- Digital and Material Technologies Laboratory
- Engineering Build Space
Simon Leigh received his MSci in Chemistry and his PhD in Micro- and Nano-structuring of Surfaces from the University of Birmingham. He joined the School of Engineering at the University of Warwick in 2009.
Since joining Warwick, his work has been focused on developing innovative materials, machines and devices based around the technology of 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing.
He leads the Digital and Material Technologies Laboratory within the School of Engineering and is the Academic Lead for the Engineering Build Space. His research interests include Additive Manufacturing and 3D Printing, Design, Industrial Digitisation, Advanced and Functional Materials and Surface Science
- Additive Manufacturing/3D Printing
- Advanced and Functional Materials
- Micro and Nano-fabrication
- Surface Science
- Electron Beam Lithography
- Surface Chemistry