Dr Vishwesh Kulkarni
V dot Kulkarni at warwick dot ac dot uk
+44 (0) 24 7652 4806
Dr Vishwesh Kulkarni is a control theorist specialising in predictive modelling with emphasis on systems biology and synthetic biology.
He received PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California in 2001. He was a postdoctoral researcher at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2001-03, and at the University of Colorado, Boulder, 2004-05. He was an Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2006-10, and a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota, 2011-13.
Using principles from systems theory and computer science, my research program is developing new techniques to:
- Design and synthesize robust programmable engineered biochemical circuits, and
- Derive predictive models using omics and imaging datasets.
The applications include:
- Diagnostics and treatments in infectious diseases and diabetes-related complications;
- Software platforms for simulating/analysing complex models of biological systems; and
- Programmable functional organic materials.