Strength Monitoring Using Thermal Imaging
- The use of thermal imaging techniques to monitor early strength of shotcrete is subject to UK patent application 1312750.1.
- If you are interesting in using SMUTI on your site, contact Benoit Jones.
The benefits to using SMUTI are:
- The compressive strength may be determined in real time.
- The compressive strength of the whole lining, including the crown, may be determined. All other tests are very local tests, and if you wanted to test the crown, a scaffold or a MEWP would be needed.
- The compressive strength may be determined from a safe distance without needing to enter the face where there is a risk of falls of ground or green shotcrete.
- SMUTI is non-destructive, so no repair work is required.
- SMUTI does not introduce additional risks, unlike traditional methods (coring, Hilti nail gun tests).
- SMUTI does not produce any waste. Hilti nail gun cartridges are classified as hazardous waste.