From October 2019: I have joined as Chair of Human Machine Intelligence at Cranfield University
[New Personal Website] [Official Uni Website]
My Warwick webpage will no longer be regularly maintained.
University of Cambridge: MEng, MA, PhD
Editor: IEEE TMBMC, IEEE Access, IEEE OJ of Comm. Soc.
weisi.guo [AT] cranfield.ac.uk
weisi.guo [AT] warwick.ac.uk
wguo [AT] turing.ac.uk,
Weisi graduated from the University of Cambridge with MEng (2005), MA, Ph.D. degrees (2011). His research is underpinned by fundamental breakthroughs in network science, communication theory, and signal processing. He is PI to £4.7m funding, has published over 180 papers, and is an IET Innovation Award winner and been three-times runner-up in the Bell Labs Prize. He is currently editor on 3 IEEE & 1 Royal Society journals and track chair for IEEE ICC 2020 - Big Data.
Research Vision: as human society is becoming increasingly inter-connected, it faces serious challenges and our connected resilience is not well understood. At the heart of my research is the attempt to discover and model latent relationships between connectivity, complexity, and resilience for coupled social-physical systems.
- "Random Sketch Learning for Deep Neural Networks in Edge Computing,"
Nature Computational Science, vol.1(3), Mar 2021 [Link]
- "Network community structure of substorms using SuperMAG magnetometers,"
Nature Communications, vol.12, 1842, Mar 2021 [Link]
- "Retool AI to Forecast and Limit Wars,"
Nature, Oct 2018 [Link]
- "Sampling and Inference of Networked Dynamics using Log-Koopman Nonlinear Graph Fourier Transform,"
IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2020 [Link]
- "On the Accuracy and Efficiency of Sensing and Localization for Robotics,"
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Dec 2020 [Link]
- "Robust Fuzzy Learning for Partially Overlapping Channels Allocation in UAV Communication Networks,"
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2020 [Link]
- "Explainable Artificial Intelligence for 6G: Improving Trust between Human and Machine,"
IEEE Communications Magazine, 2020 [Link]
- "Common Statistical Patterns in Urban Terrorism,"
Royal Society Open Science, vol.6(9), Sep 2019 [Link]
- "Google Trends can Improve Surveillance of Type 2 Diabetes,"
Nature Scientific Reports, vol. 7(1), Jun 2017 [Link]
- EPSRC: TAS-S, CI (PI for host), Link, 2020-24, £3m
- EPSRC: CoTRE, PI, Link, 2018-20, £240k
- EPSRC: MACRO, CI, Link, 2021-24, £0.5m
- H2020: Green AI for 5G, PI, Link, 2020-22, €225k
- InnovateUK: Future Flight: Fly2Plan, CI, 2020-22, £4.7m
- H2020: DAWN4IoE - Data Aware Wireless Network for Internet of Everything, 778305,
PI & Coordinator, Link, 2017-21, €270k (Total: €1.1M)
- H2020: Mo-IoNT - Molecular Internet-of-Nano-Things, 792799, PI, Link, 2018-20, €195k