Successful year for Biomedical student
Congratulations to Adrian Racovita, a fourth year BioMedical Science Mbio student, for his achievements over the last year.
- In March 2020, Adrian won Best Presentation at the Posters in Parliament (PiP) competition for his poster entitled 'Bacterial Neural Networks: Evolutionary Game Theory' (photo above).
- In August, he published a first author paper in Biochemical Society Transactions on 'Reinforcement learning in synthetic gene circuits'.
- Adrian also published a first author paper in the conference proceedings of the International Workshop on Bio-Design Automation (IWBDA) on 'Bacteria mastering the tic-tac-toe game through synthetic adaptive gene circuits'.
- In December, with the Jaramillo group, Adrian presented at The 1st International BioDesign Research Conference on 'Engineering adaptive gene circuits in bacteria mastering game playing by reinforcement learning'. Find out about the conference
- Adrian has also been commissioned by the Science Committee of the Romanian Academy to write an article.